Email tracking

One of the factors that influenced my decision to go with Manager was the ability to email from the application immediately after creating the invoice, without having to do any more than clicking the Email button. No worries about saving a pdf invoice, then switching into an email application, creating a new message and addressing it correctly, and remembering to attach the pdf invoice to it. That’s what I had to do with my previous ageing system, and believe me, it is prone to human error.

I have created an html email template in Manager that includes within the email body a heading with business logo (URL of logo image on my website) and company details, and a personalised salutation using {{ recipient.name }}, reference to the invoice number {{reference}}, and a section providing full details on payment options. From time to time I also include advertising for special promotions - it’s a safe way to avoid contravening our strong anti-spam laws.

What Manager can’t do at present is request message receipts, but as that is notoriously unreliable (almost all my customers have sending message receipts disabled in their email client), it’s of little consequence. It would be possible to create custom URLs that could be used for tracking, but once again it is unreliable because the recipient would need to have enabled the display of linked images in their email client. Most of my customers don’t.