Email set up

Hello all,
I wish to set my email so as to send invoice or statement to customers. I have read the guides on this but do not seem to grasp it.
I will appreciate any help please.

@glowhite , what email service are you using. Your own domain or something else like Google or Yahoo?

Gmail

@glowhite, this is unfortunately not possible any more.

Gmail has advised they will no longer be supporting the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password.

Instead, you’ll need to sign in using “Sign in with Google” or other more secure technologies, like OAuth 2.0

There ae a few topics regarding this in the forum.

What about my company domain?

You can surely use that. I am using mine.

In Manager, go to Settings > Email Settings.
There you need to select your SMTP port number. (587 is preferred)
Then you just need your username and password of your mail account…

The rest is self explanatory.

1 Like

Thanks

Hello. I used to be able to send emails fine till I updated in October. Since then I can no longer send emails. I keep getting: Operation timed out if I use port 25 and when I choose port 587 I get error:
Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: SMTP AUTH is required for message submission on port 587

Any ideas what can be done. I have been in contact with my host but they are asking me to change outgoing servers etc and Manager only allows you to change hostname and port.

Might I add that my email is not gmail or yahoo etc. It is my company domain.

The Hostname field under SMTP server is your outgoing server as far as Manager is concerned so you can just change that to the address provided by your email host.