Email problems

I am unable to send emails from Manager.

Operating system Ubuntu 17.07
Manger Version 18.4.31

When I want to send I get the following message:

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection timed out. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection timed out
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags socketFlags) [0x00052] in :0
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read (System.Byte buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size) [0x000b4] in :0
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read (System.Byte buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size) [0x0010f] in :0
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Read () [0x00015] in :0
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.SendCommand (System.String command) [0x00027] in :0
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.SendCore (System.Net.Mail.MailMessage message) [0x00050] in :0
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.SendInternal (System.Net.Mail.MailMessage message) [0x00050] in :0
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send (System.Net.Mail.MailMessage message) [0x0009c] in :0

If I want to use a custom smpt server, the system just hangs. My setting below:

What can I do?

It is the desktop version

is your mail smtp server really use SSL?

I have tried is with SSL on and off, same result.

I’m out of ideas the problem lies with the mail server. as I can tell

I found I had to use port 26, even though a different port number was recommended by my provider.
I tried 25, 26, 465 and 587 and all failed except 26. Try the others and see how you go.

Have you tried the exact same credentials in an email client? If they work there, they should work in Manager.

If I use the Manager email function (custom smtp not enabled) I get the fault in top of my post. It can’t be the email server.

I tried them all, same result.

Yes I did. If try to send a mail without custom smtp enabled, it does not work either.

So using the same credentials that that you set up in Manager does not work in an email client? Then the problem is with the credentials. Do you know what credentials work with an email client? Generally, an email client will provide you with more onformation as to why a connection fails, so it’s easier to try settings out there rather than within Manager. With some email clients you can turn on logging to give even more information. Once you have it working in a mail client, copy those credentials over to Manager.

I used the same credentials as the email client. It works in the client but not on Manager. Even if I do not use custom email settings, Manager cannot send mail.

@Danie_Crowther, let’s go back to the very beginning. In your first post, you referred to an error message. Do you get the same error message every time, no matter what type of form you are emailing? Has the message changed through your process of experimentation?

You say you cannot send even if you do not use custom email settings. Do you get the same error message then?

Can you generate PDF’s using the PDF button?

Finally, are you using a custom theme?

I uninstalled Manager and installed it again. The email function it now working.