Emails not sending - 'The operation has timed out'

I have previously emailed Sales Invoices to customers with no worries, but now I get the following message;
System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The operation has timed out.
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Businesses.Business.Email.Post()
I have updated to the latest version 17.9.14 with no change. I have not set up a custom SMTP server, I have not made any email settings changes from last year when they last worked

have you changed any system settings or installed system updates?
antivirus software?
windows firewall?
check if these are blocking internet access for Manager.

Last year was a long time ago at the pace of Manager’s development. During that time, the program has moved from an external PDF generator when emailing to an internal one. So while you may think nothing has changed, important things have.

Can you provide more information about your operating system?

Sorry, I didn’t realise this had been replied to.
I am still having the same issue, is this email system able to access Microsoft Exchange addresses?

That depends on what you mean by “access.” You can email to any valid email address. But Manager is not an email client that gives you access to an email account for general purposes. During more than 2 years since you posted your original question, the entire email approach has changed. So…

• Have you updated your software? If you are still on version 17.9.14, you are now thousands of versions behind and whatever email setup you had then will not work now.
  • After you are up to date, have you set your email settings as in this Guide: Email transactions and reports | Manager
  • If you have trouble sending emails from the program, provide the information here: Troubleshoot email issues | Manager.

I’m having the same issue. It was working 2 weeks ago. Now i get:
“System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The operation has timed out.
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Businesses.Business.Email.Post()”
I’m running Manager 19.10.6. I’ve tried, restarting my computer then disabling the firewall completely to no avail even though when I go into email settings and hit ‘test email settings’, it get “Test message has been successfully sent.”

[SOLVED]
I reset network settings, computer restarted, tried to send email again. Success!