Email counter and tab bugs

Maybe it is a matter of lanuguage. When you stated you will not support deleting individual history items I understood that the undo function that currently exist in history would disappear. I also do not understand why you do not allow deleting emails as some never went through well, some were test emails, etc. Now that you put emails in history you can not hide them anymore as you could with tab. So not sure why you disallow users to correct errors by deleting such.

I donā€™t know what the developer has in mind but I think that deleting individual emails would do nothing besides obscuring the audit trail. Itā€™s not like deleting the email entry from the history would pull it back because once itā€™s gone, itā€™s gone for good.

Also, emails contain attachments which can be very handy if you undone creating the original transaction. That maybe the only way to find out what has been shared with external parties.

I hear you, but the issue is that it should be an option because it is a facility and not actually an essential element of any audit I have ever experienced. One could for example download and print and give by hand (how to trace), download and email (then delete sent emails), so similarly if we do not want an email record we should be able to delete it or give delete privileges.

@eko when I think about it, you can actually ā€œdeleteā€ individual entries in history by undoing them. You canā€™t really undo sending an email but I do not see any harm in allowing to delete individual emails now.

Thank you @Lubos much appreciated.

@lubos
21.9.10 Desktop edition - Windows10 x64 build 19043
Emails tab.

1. there is no option to delete emails.
  2. the pdf attachments in emails tab open within Manager as a browser rather than the default pdf viewer installed. there is no option to go back to the previous screen and Manager window needs to be closed completely.

also, please clarify whether the attachments in emails tab are part of the business data file. i can see the attachments are named *.pdf and i hope clicking on it creates a temp cache file rather than a saved pdf within the business data file. the latter would increase the data file size considerably.

I have a diametrically opposite view.
I hope the document is created when sent and not changeable there after. If there was an error in the document sent for any reason including a program fault, I want a copy of the ā€œerroneousā€ document sent out.

Any dynamic created document would not reliably achieve that. Storage is of trivial cost compared to data accuracy.

i can understand your requirement but the erroneous document can be simply obatained from your email program if you enable sending a copy to your email address. this would benefit both troubleshooting and storage management. also, a program fault in Manager which causes an email to be not sent will anyway not appear in the emails tab.