Backup Server Edition

How do we can back up whole server at once? This will include users and business on it.

Kind Regards

All data for every business is in an application data folder. You should, of course, be backing up your server. As long as the application data folder is included in that backup, you would have everything without taking any action in Manager. See this Guide: Backup, restore, import, and transfer businesses | Manager.

actually that guide is not very clear, it looks like for desktop.

what if someone want to move all data from one server to other, specially when both servers providers are different.

if we move whole application directory to new ubuntu server, will it preserve all data including users?
if we move business one by one using backup and restore, it only move data, not users

The Guide applies to all three editions. But you need to understand it applies to data files for individual businesses. It does not address migrating an entire server. That is not its purpose.

yes i understand that, that is reason i was asking, is there any solution to migrate whole data including user accounts and permissions?

For an installation you need to separately consider the

• application data directory
  • application program directory

For an individual Manager business, I believe almost all of it’s data is now stored within the businesses data file.

I am a bit surprised that someone running the server edition is asking questions about backups

I would have expected that if you are running a server version you would be aware of and have the expertise to back up your data

We use both, Cobian backup and Windows Server Backup, to back up the entire manager. There are never too many backups :slight_smile:

I do not see any issue. Just open each business and click on backup and save the file to whereever you want. Repeat this for each business. Install Manager Server edition on the new server click on add business and select import from backup. Repeat this for each business. This process as @Tut mentioned is for all editions the same (server, desktop and cloud) and you can import such business backups on any functioning manager install as long as the installed version is newer or same as what the backup was stored in.

Backing up a complete server is a different question and not applicable here.

please read my message again.
my question was specially related to user accounts, not businesses

that is what i am asking, backing up manager application files doesn’t include user accounts.

@Mian_Waqas_Azfar, you should read this Guide to understand what is stored in which files in your application data folder: Manage application data folder contents | Manager.

1 Like