Division Reports

Is this feature active in the Desktop Version of Manager?
If so, how do you apply.

@Accounting2023

Please try

BTW, Mostly Division Reports are in Idea Category

To answer your question directly, yes, divisional reporting is the same in all editions. But it is not yet available for all reports in any edition.

What I tried to do was get a division report for rental property.
I did this using Profit and Loss Report by Division.

That report brought up other transactions that were not part of the division.

Have you drilled down on those transactions to check that the correct division is selected?

Also, use the Division Exception Report to ensure a division is selected in all transactions.

The rental income and expenses is achieved by a monthly Sales Invoice from the Estate Agent.
All transaction lines are pointing to the correct division.

I have tried different reports by division and none of them work.
I assume the development of “Division” is not complete.

The Division Exception Report. What does that report achieve? The guide has no info.

To get more help you will need to show screen shots of the steps you are taking.

This is link to use of the Division Exception Report explained in the Guides (original guides - not the new guides):
https://www2.manager.io/guides/11961

I have done what is stated in that guide.
However, it is picking up transactions that are not part of the division.

It would be great if you could do a Profit and Loss by selecting MORE than one account which would achieve the same result.

That is what the Division Exception report as explained in the referred guide by ADJ https://www2.manager.io/guides/11961 is all about, i.e.

The resulting report lists all income and expense accounts, by group, that have transactions without assigned divisions:

That guide further tells you to then:

Drill down on an individual account by clicking the number in the Amount column:

And:

Edit transactions to add divisions. Be sure to click Update to save changes.

I’m not trying to create a report that is NOT in divisions.
Is anyone having success to creating Reports by Division?

You need to show the edit screen of your report by division and the resulting report

Then explain what figures on the report are wrong

It is almost impossible to help you with the information you have posted so far

I assure that the Profit and Loss report by division works perfectly once you have entered the transactions correctly

This not really possible unless you yourself assigned some transactions to that Division that do not belong. Please do as @Joe91 asks and highlight in the resulting report transactions that were not expected. For each of these unexpected transactions show their edit screens (click on blue amounts to drill down and get to edit screens).

Look here is the sample Report

I found out you can’t do Income/Expenses from Sales Invoices in Divisions. Even though you can show each transaction in the invoice by division when payment is made for that Invoice it does not have the field “division” available (account being “accounts receivable”) . So maybe that is why I had issues.

The example above just used receipts and payments.

So now the issue is how do I stop it frorm showing accounts with no $ values that are not part of the division e.g. Bank Charges etc

I did have a couple of payments with $ values which were not part of a division, and they are not showing in the report - which is great, that’s how it should be.

As a new user I think you should try to follow the guides first. For example:

If you look at the bottom of the P&L report edit screen you would find:
Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 07.25.53

So when you enable “Exclude zero balances” all empty accounts will not show.

You can certainly assign income to a division using a Sales Invoice

You have still not explained what is wrong with the report you showed

If you are using Sales Invoices and Accrual Accounting, then the customer receipts will not, and indeed, should not affect the Income accounts in the P & L

Thanks Eco.
Now it’s right

Hi Joe91

I did raise a Sales Invoice for August, 2023.
It appears it does pick up Sales Invoices that have been paid in that period.
However, you can see there are transactions not part of the division that are showing up.

You can issue Sales and Purchase Invoices and these will show depending on what they represent.

For example a Purchase Invoice will add items to your assets and therefore can not be considered a “Loss” but is part of your Balance sheet (Asset = what you own). If purchasing with a purchase invoice inventory for for example $50 then this will show as “…Inventory on hand…” under Assets and as “…Accounts payable…” under Liabilities (Liability = what you owe) in the balance sheet. Th

When issuing the payment against that asset it will not show on the P&L because the asset is still yours as shown in Inventory on hand, but it will have cleared the liability in Accounts payable and will have reduced the Bank & cash account (also in Assets).

Sofar this should never show as a Profit or Loss as none has been made. You did not loose any amount because you still own it.

When issuing a Sales Invoice for that Inventory item it will show immediately as a Sales in the Profit and Loss account because in Accrual accounting it must show as Profit at the moment it is earned (Sale Invoice) and not necessarily transacted (Paid). It therefore also immediately will show the Loss (Inventory - cost) as you at that moment sold part of your inventory, which thus in the balance sheet will reflects as Accounts receivable (Customer still has to do the payment) with the same amount reduced in Inventory on hand.

Once you created a receipt against the Sales Invoice you will notice that no amounts will change at the P&L side as these where already accounted for at the moment of issuing the Sales invoice, but that the Balance sheet will have increased Bank & cash by the amount received and the accounts receivable returning to 0.

That is accounting 101.

Eko

I’m using Sales Invoices on a cash basis of accounting not accruals.
Since the Sales Invoice was raised and paid in the same month the amounts do show in the P & L for that month.

In the Joel 91 text the issue still remains why is it showing expenses that are not part of the division.

I was wrong on double checking - Sales Invoices do work in division even though it is paid against “accounts receivable” where no “division” field is available.

So, the issue remains why do NON division transactions show in the Division P & L ?
Even though Income and expenses that are not part of the division and have no $ value, it seems unusual that the only way to have those not shown in to select “dont show zero values”.

The answer is very simple. The lists presents ALL accounts available in the Profit and Loss Account irrespective of Amounts and Source. The Summary Screen also shows all available accounts and also here you can decide that that screen excludes zero balances as you are not interested in these.

This is not unusual but common practice. Some prefer to see all accounts empty or not as they may be populated or selected in future. One may also want to compare many divisions, and or project accounts and all of these start with the same accounts.