Exclude division in reports

Peace be upon you

I have the problem of creating a budget report and a profit and loss report excluding a certain section
What’s available now is to choose a specific section of the report or leave it blank, and all the data will appear.

Is it possible to place selection marks on the sections for which results are required and leave it empty for the sections excluded from the report?

Your post is confusing. On neither the Profit and Loss Statement nor the Profit and Loss Statement (Actual vs Budget) do you “choose a specific section of the report or leave it blank.” There are no “sections” in the definition of either report. If you have defined groups in your chart of accounts, the Profit and Loss Statement allows you to choose groups to collapse. But collapsed groups are not left out of the report; accounts within a collapsed group are summarized at the group level.

In the Profit and Loss Statement (Actual vs Budget), you can delete individual accounts. But again, there are no sections.

So no, you cannot place selection marks anywhere or leave selections blank. That request is meaningless in the context of these reports.

My friend @Tut I feel stupid sometimes because I can’t get my idea to you.

In any case, it could be caused by the misinterpretation (because I use translation tools to To write the topic)

I expressed the division with a “section” word, and that seemed confusing to you, of course, and you have the right to do so.

I’ll attach a screenshot to you explaining what I mean.

As you can see in the picture.

For example, I want to create a budget report that includes division 1 and division 2, and I exclude the division 3.
Can I do that and thank you for your understanding?

Now that you have used terminology from the program, your question is easy to answer. But you are illustrating your request with an Edit screen for a Balance Sheet, not either of the two reports you asked about in your initial post.

You can create financial statement reports for any division. For Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement, you can add comparative columns for other divisions. You cannot create a single column that includes multiple divisions but excludes others.

You can create a Profit and Loss Statement (Actual vs Budget) for only one division or the entire business at a time.

Thank you @Tut

That means I can only do that by analyzing the report through excel.

But I’d like to know if there’s a possibility of adding such a feature to The Manager

That’s doubtful. Those reports already involve a lot of processing. Making them more complex in the way you describe probably would not serve most users’ needs.

Use Goggle Translate to prevent misinterpretation by different users.