Displaying Item Name instead of Item Code in Invoice

How to display item name instead of Item code in invoice (Sales/Purchase), while Print / View.

1 Like

If item codes are used, they will appear. Item names are not intended to appear on invoices. They are used for reports. However, if there is nothing in the Description field, the item name will be substituted.

1 Like

K,
Here in India need to Show Item Name as well description. So is it possible to disable Item Code and Enable Item Name and Description?

1 Like

No. The program works as I described previously. If you want something to show to the recipient of the invoice, put it in the Description field.

Further, no evidence of any legal requirement for what you say is a need has ever been provided. To the best of the developer’s knowledge, Manager complies with all Indian requirements for invoices.

1 Like

Thanks.

really? no name of the Item, isn’t that a bit weird, so you give your customer and invoice and he have to guess what is the item name, or even when I want to check what a customer got from a specific invoice I have to guess or add the name to the description, is that seems right ?

No, @Hamze_Chalhoub, you do not have to guess. Instead, you should follow the Guide on how to define inventory items and understand the purpose and use of each field: Create non-inventory items | Manager.

1 Like

great thank you, I will follow the instruction and get back to you.