Database broken after update 19.12.20 > 20.8.1

I have just updated app from v19.12.20 to 20.8.1 and my database showing incorrect numbers. Bank accounts, Cash account, Pay-ables, and so on…

It took me a while to find https://github.com/Manager-io/Manager-x86_64.AppImage/releases/tag/19.12.20 and download it. By deleting folder from ~/.local/share/Manager and importing companies from backup file, made it possible to restore to previous state. However this does not solve the issue that database gets messed up after updating the app. I have also noticed that some files in ~/.local/share/Manager were moved to sub-folder inside called Trash, after launching v20.8.1 for the first time.

It would be great to get the update without broken database. For now it seems the only solution is to stick to previous version for while.

Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.

Your database is not broken. But there have been several hundred updates to the program since your old version. Some were very significant. As a result, some things may be in different automatic accounts. And some relationships may need to be reset since you have not kept up with the changes.

Just saying “my database showing incorrect numbers” will not help you obtain any assistance. You must be specific. What exactly has changed and why do you think it is wrong? You may have to illustrate with screen shots.

Items moved to the new Trash subfolder in the application data folder are obsolete files, such as businesses that were removed, or old data files that were upgraded to new formats with the change of software.

Where can I download v. 19.12.20? Perhaps I could reproduce the issue and make additional notes.

You can find all previous versions here