Customer Group

@Tut
I know this question may have been asked before in the forum but I’m unable to search the topic. So, my apology if, unknowingly, I’m repeating the question.

My question: is there a way to make a group of same customer whom, for ease of tracking, we have opened separately for each different items? In other words, create sub-customers under a group.

If anyone has found a way around, it will be appreciated if it is shared.

No such capability exists. But you could add a custom field, depending on why you want to place them in groups.

@Tut
What you suggest is not what I mean. Have a look above, I want something like above picture

You have not shared the most important information. Where do you imagine this group with subsidiary customers would be displayed? In other words, as I said before, why are you doing this?

@Tut
In tab CUSTOMER. Or do you have some other suggestion to meet my purpose as explained below.

I sell goods to customers on different terms. For example, some goods are sold on cash terms. But, some goods are sold as forward deal (advance deal) for which the customer must pay now on deferred delivery terms 2 or 3 months later. So, I want to create a group for that customer with sub group of (1) cash terms/COD and (2) forward (advance) deal separately. The purpose is to view that customer’s ledger balance separately for more practical purpose.

I have to make duplicate instances of same customer for different currency.
Lets say I’m selling them an item which I both purchase in USD and sell in USD, but then there may be some local custom clearance and local delivery costs in AUD, which I on-charge in AUD.

It would be preferable to just make one instance of the customer then just select which currency that particular invoice is in.
I don’t know if this relates to the grouping suggestion of not, but may go into the melting pot of ideas for improvement

There isn’t anything that works exactly like what you propose, but you can still achieve the same effect.

First of all, I see that you deliberately separate different types of customer transactions in separate accounts – which is proper control.

What you can do is use a single code, or a mixture of single code and unique identifier in the Code field of the customer. Say you have a customer call XYZ group, you can use say XYZ for all customer accounts or distinguish them like: XYZ-1, XYZ-2, etc.

Then you can search for that code in customer tab and you will get a summary of all accounts.

Until recently I shared your views but now I really don’t prefer a single account. The reason is you can easily lose control over mapping that way.

A better solution would be to have a group like @sonicgroup proposed to aggregate separate accounts for each currency, this way you still have your strict mapping and also can view all customer accounts at once.

As I mentioned before something like this option in Customer’s tab would be a perfect and great solution to make groups and allocate subgroups according user’s purpose

Rgds

@lubos ,what do you think, is something like above :point_up_2: implementable? Your comments will be appreciated

Thanks

Manager already implements two ways how you can group your customers

• Custom control accounts
  • Divisions

I see no reason to add some non-specific concept to group your customers. What if you have several dimensions how you want to group them?

So… the solution here is to create custom field called Group and use that. You can have several custom fields if you require multiple group dimensions.

Then it’s a matter of improving customer-related reports so you can group by your custom field.

1 Like

@lubos,
Thanks for your valuable time to guide me through various options/suggestions to achieve the intended objective. I’ll try and, hopefully, it should work.