Custom Pagination

@fahadalarab, how many transactions of each type do you have? Options only appear if they make sense for your situation. For example, if you have 75 sales invoices, options for 100, 250, and 1000 do not appear.

No, its like the number of rows is not appearing for example we have 43 sales invoices but pagination feature shows 50 , 100 200 etc but does not tell actual row count i.e. 43

For example these 2 images are sales invoices of 20-08-20 search results it shows that invoices are under 50 but doesn’t tell if they are 35 25 23 43 (the actual number of invoices) like it used to tell somewhere here in the image below

I’m talking about this issue
I now know the invoices are under 50 but how many to be exact i don’t know until we count them on screen manually which was not the case previously as manager showed a row count which is now gone.
We used to check if number of invoices match number of delivery notes / etc it used to appear on almost every type of transaction like invoices write offs delivery notes credit notes, payments, recipts almost on all types of transactions and even on inventory items . Can we please get the exact row count back?

The counts for each transaction type appear in windows in the left navigation pane:

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 3.26.16 PM

Other than that, I do not recall there ever being transaction counts anywhere except for the invoice counts in the Customers and Suppliers tabs. Those are still there.

Your examples seem to apply to search results. If you look at the Guide about searching records, it does not show any transaction counts: https://www.manager.io/guides/16487. Maybe someone else remembers something different.

I think you’ll find he’s referring to the number that use to appear on the export button, it was a quick ready reckoner as to how many items appeared in that result set

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 12.51.47 pm

In older versions it even included a number that may have been greater than what was displayed on the screen, that is no longer visible/available:

No I’m not referring to it

Yes thanks this is exactly what I’m talking about

The reason the number on the Export button has disappeared is that the program no longer does what it used to do. Previously, if you had 200 invoices, 50 would show. But if you did an Export, all 200 were included. So the number on the button told you that more would be exported than you were seeing. Now, because the pagination can be set, only those displayed are exported. So if the default 50 is retained, only the 50 you are viewing will be exported.

You were relying on something in the program for a purpose it was not meant to serve.

You mentioned that you were using this to verify that goods receipts matched purchase invoices and delivery notes matched sales invoices. The method designed to enable that is to look at the Customers and Suppliers tabs and check the Qty to deliver and Qty to receive columns. In other words, the program has a feature specifically designed to give you the information.

Export button is not good place to show total number of rows across all pages anymore. But I agree it should be shown somewhere.

1 Like

suggestion:

page 1 of 7 pages (showing 50 of 5000 records)

Yes, the “50 of” is redundant because we know the default pagination because we have possibly selected it anyway, except:
a) “showing 5000 records”, or just “5000 records” by itself isn’t right, and
b) there may be less than the default pagination showing

Yes, the purpose of that count showing was different. Indeed.

Yes please that would be great

For now, in the latest version (20.8.58), I’ve put that information into the brackets where Max button is.

2 Likes

Great but its not working on search results as there is no change in the row count when its narrowed by search keywords like

Like when i search for today’s delivery notes its still showing the max number and not showing only searched results count
Its showing max (19000+) while here after applying a search for today only it should show the actual row count i.e. below 50

yes. this is what I’m missing. when I want to search a query and see how many records it holds. would love to see this feature back!

I agree - I think it is more intuitive if the total number of records selected and available to be listed is shown rather than the total number of records in the set

So initially it would be the total - but if you enter a search value, the number should reflect the number corresponding to the number matching the search

Fixed in the latest version (20.8.64).

1 Like

amazing :slight_smile: Thanks alot
though just checked its working perfectly with sales invoices, but not appearing on receipts and payments, goods receipts, delivery notes, credit and debit notes, transactions, inventory items etc

@fahadalarab the option to switch between number of rows per page is not visible if there are less than 50 rows. Would that explain what you see?

Ok got it now its visible now if number is above 50 :ok_hand: