Display of Rows

Dear Sir,
The number of row are fixed to be displayed like multiple of 50. Is it possible that use can have number of row of his choice say 240 or 190. In this way one will be able to sort and use it further for excel more easily. Idea may be considered if feasible, please.

Hi @CEOHaaks,

May I ask why you want this?

I have a slight alteration to this. I think the reason to have done some kind of pagination is to reduce the load time of the displayed information. Payment and receipts quickly can get into thousands and as Manager tries to load all into memory it at one point hangs (as it did with GL detailed reports). A modification that could still see middle entries without heave load would be to also allow to enter a range such as 200 to 250 or 100 to 500, etc. If that would be feasible as “filter” then maybe this could be any number such as 190 to 240.

This seems like a pointless complication. Who would know in advance they want to look only at records from 190-240? That implies they already know they want to view record #191, for example. In that case, it is easier to search for the record directly. Where is the benefit of such splitting of hairs, with the requirement for another setting screen?

1 Like

Since the onset of advanced search this indeed is not much of an issue. It used to be when not wanting to load thousands of records while you roughly estimated those wanting to review to be within a particular range. Is probably a mute point now.

Sry for being late in response due some overwhelming commitments.
Dear Sir, on first place its not that I know the exact number of 191. I want to copy a series of say 191 to 260, then I will see only this series copy to clipboard and then do some other work in other program. In present case I have to copy multiple of 50 therefore a lot of data is copied along.
Its worth doing if technically possible.

Did you try the advance search function? You can select a series of dates, accounts, etc.

Dear Sir, I have given such a long argument in favour of it,

You can also drag over just desired rows before copying.