Ctrl+F as Search not Working in AppImage Version

Before this, I use the Windows version, but recently I use the Linux version of Manager (ver 24.1.7.1255), to find out that ctrl+f doesn’t work. It doesn’t display anything. Does anyone have the same problem? Is there any solution or workaround?

Btw, I use Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon ver 5.8.4

1 Like

You are referring to an OS keyboard shortcut. Manager doesn’t use keyboard shortcuts but a built-in search feature.

I never noticed that Ctrl+F is OS specific, because I use it in almost every other software in Linux Mint and it works.

As far as I know, there are 2 types of search in Manager :

1. Search bar that will only be displayed after pressing Ctrl+F. This will search what displayed on screen.
  2. Search bar that will automatically appear when opening some pages or tab. This will search trough all items even when it is not displayed in screen (such as in Inventory tab).

I have no problem with 2nd type of search, but I need the 1st search bar. It works when I was using the Windows version. Is there any Ctrl+F equivalent that I didn’t aware of?

Your situation #1 is the operating system. Manager doesn’t do that. It worked in Windows because Windows provides that functionality.

There is nothing you are missing.

See if this is related to your problem Left Ctrl key does not work [Solved] - Linux Mint Forums

1 Like