Creating New Business - Customer Receivables

Dears, I want to create new business and some customers of old busines have to be there. Its easy to copy all data through 'batch update" option. But receivables don’t come in that.
Please guide me.

Batch create would work but batch delete is probably easier

• Back up your Manager business
  • import the backup
  • Rename the imported backup consistent with what your second business is to be titled
  • Batch delete all date except what you want to transfer across.
  • Save the new business without history. This is now a business template you have created
  • import the business template (without history) and use that going forwards

Why would you want that to happen? The receivables of one business are never receivables of another, even if the customers are the same.

I was expecting this kind of question from you, and better guidance as well. Now the reasons for creating of a new and afresh business are as under

1. I started using this software somewhere four years back. Did some basic mistake like creating of so many inventory items (now have 967 total number) many are I have made inactive so in new business i want to get ride of all these.
  2. I am starting a new business of similar nature and both have to use same manpower and other resources, so want that I should have latest figures as combination of both businesses.
  3. The size of entries have grown quite high like in thousands, so want to start from low figures.
  4. Since using the system for last four year, now I can mange better and smartly, without filling unnecessary details.
  5. There is much more to it also,…
    Hope you will guide me now.
    Regards

Yes, that is one way, but one has to do a lot, to reduce the entries etc.

Maybe you could try this,

It hasn’t been explained yet, but it looks like it gives us the option to delete the contents of the database, and save the closing balance according to the date we want. such as the split database feature.

No dear, it doesn’t work well. if I want to delete an item or customer, it would ask to delete all entries related to it.

It should be like that, we should not delete Inventory Items or Customers that have been used in Transactions.

If we want to delete used References (Inventory Items/Customers), we must record the Closing Balance for each Reference, Delete all transactions using batch delete, then add a manual Opening/Starting Balance for all transactions and delete the References (Inventory Item/Customers ) that we don’t need.

Manager does not/has not provided multiple references for Opening/Starting Balance. And we will lose the Invoice Reference Number/Billing Number when Receipt of Receivables.

Doing that via batch delete is still probably the least work imo.
You are doing the work though, so should try another way if you think it maybe faster.

I am almost done, have done most of work on a new draft, only issue is inventory items starting balance. ie item available with average cost if can be somehow copied to new business, I will be able to make the things go.
As doing manually over 600 inventory items starting balance is a big task.

That is not a valid reason for carrying receivables from one business to another unless the new business has legally assumed the assets and liabilities of the old one.

That is not anything to worry about. Manager’s capacity is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.

Dear Tut,
The problem is that I want to start a new entries as during learning stage, one does make some mistakes like creating so many inventory items, or clients, which really are not required. So the discussion is how we start new business by incorporating the old receivables, payables, inventory items… other most of the tabs can easily be taken on board.
I give u an example, I can copy the inventory items to new business, but qty on hand, average cost and total cost is not copied…
Such problems have to addressed, so that one can always shift to new business at any time.
I would also request the admin/creator, to look into it, please.