Could you please test new “PDF” button? (part 2)

Some progress has been given up, @lubos. First noticed earlier, but persisting in v16.10.62, PDF’s have no top, right, or left margins. This seems to be universally true for all forms and reports.

Also, when a sales invoice runs to multiple pages, the Paid in Full stamp appears on the first page of the PDF, but not subsequently. When using Print, the stamp appears at the end of the invoice.

I fixed this in the latest version (16.10.63). I will still need to have a look at that stamp though.

In v16.10.65, the stamps on sales invoices now come at the end of the PDF. However, there are other problems.

When a sales invoice is too long for one page, but no line items carry forward to the next, the entire header is repeated, including column labels for more line items. This is illustrated by the screen shot below. In this case, all line items and totals originally fit on one page of 8.5 x 11 inch paper when printed. Only the Notes field and Paid in Full stamp were on the 2nd page, with no header. In the PDF, the Notes field moved to the 1st page, leaving only the stamp on the 2nd page. That may be because the PDF generator is formatting for longer A4 paper. But there is also no space between header and stamp:

Also, when printing forms with the Print button, the right side boundary line is missing. The result is identical whether printing to paper or using the built-in macOS print to PDF capability. This seems to happen on everything that has a boundary except delivery notes, payslips, production orders, journal entries, customer statements, and supplier statements. See this example from a sales invoice:

On my mac when I hit the PDF button, all I get is "there is a problem in opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired, so I simply select print, and select my pdf printer.

What version, @norfolkislandam?

I am using the latest version, just downloaded this morning

Not sure what that means. As of v16.10.65, the behavior you describe is not happening on my Mac.

@norfolkislandam, are you using custom HTML template?

@lubos, to be honest I would not have a clue, I have just downloaded the update again, but it still says the same.

The only custom template I have is an invoice?

the error message is showing as an Adobe Acrobat error, could that be it. Do I need another PDF printer

I am running Mac os Sierra, maybe that is the problem

Your problem is something to do with your custom template for your invoice. Something on the custom template is causing the issue.

@dalacor, thank you for the info, unfortunately I deleted my one an only custom template for invoice, still the same, actually I now cannot find where the custom template is

If you deleted it, it is gone. But you would have done that under Settings > View Templates. So if you couldn’t find the template, you probably didn’t go there and it’s still around. Perhaps you just reverted to the standard template for that invoice?

@Tut, when you say it is under settings, view templates, must be something wrong because I have no such setting. Has it been removed?

@norfolkislandam, you can send me your accounting file to lubos@manager.io, I’ll have a look.

It could be that your invoice contains some unusual character which causes the issue.

@lubos I have just sent my back up file

By the way, it is not just invoice that will not print to PDF, all reports etc. come up with the same problem

Payslip - both using PDF button and Email button.
Some of the table lines are in bold and others are not.

I would suggest that the NET PAY line is in Bold so that it stands out to the employee how much they are going to be receiving.