Copy multiple transactions in other business account

Hello!

Our company have multiple business account in Manager.IO, but we do need to copy some of the transactions like in the Receipts, Payments and Journal entries into other business account.

Do you have recommendations what we have to do instead of retyping all the transaction all over again?

Hoping for positive feedback on this matter.

Thank you.

the only way that comes into my mind is to use batch update to export and batch create to import. The main issue is how to match UUID. It may be feasible through a VLOOKUP formula inside excel.

1. Back up the business containing the information you want
  2. Import the backup
  3. Rename the imported business file
  4. Batch delete any thing you don’t want

Alternatively

1. Do a batch update in the source business
  2. Do a batch create in the destination Manager business
1 Like

Can you please explain how multiple businesses can have the same transactions.

For example, we do want 2 business accounts for external and internal purposes. Some of the transactions have the same. So instead of retyping the transactions all over again, does it have any other ways to copy the transactions like in payments or receipts?

Is it possible to edit, after pasting it to excel file and then copy and paste to batch create in another business resulting to new edited file? because we do want to delete other transactions also. Thank you

Hi! can you tell me about what UUID is? Thank you

Yes
That’s how batch update / create is designed to be used

You maybe better adding custom fields to tag records you want different reporting and adding extra required information

1 Like

If you use “import bank statement” for your payments & receipts, then you could re-import the “import bank statement” file in the other business and then create/delete/modify the imported transactions as required.

2 Likes

@Brucanna gives good advice here. I assume that the internal one has all the transactions and for whatever reason known to you, you do not want to disclose all transactions you made and thus need another version of what you refer to as external. So I assume that the external one is a stripped-down version of the internal one. I would add that you just need to make a backup without "history, ie uncheck it) when needed for external purposes and import and name as the external business. You then just delete all transactions you do not want to show and back up again without the history and reimport, it will not have any trace left of the changes you made.

1 Like

yes this is accurate for our situation.

So much more complicated of all the other solution proposed but, maybe the most complete one, you can use APIs and a workflow tool (like n8n) to keep two Businesses in sync even with custom rules. But you will need programming skills.

The final solution will be also automatic, ie you will not need to do any manual process.