Clone Line idea

@lubos

i would like to suggest adding a Clone Line option to the forms similar to the image

one use case would be when entering receipts/payments for multiple invoices.
i know there is an alternate method to Copy To from Unpaid invoices but that is not always practical as it requires a few many clicks to delete the unnecessary lines when there are a lot of unpaid transactions. Consider a scenario where there are 15 unpaid invoices and we need to enter receipts/payment only for 4 invoices.

the receipts/payments is only one use case. all the other tabs would have similar needs.

4 Likes

Dear Sir,
Can we have the option of cloning a line in sales invoice?
Reason: some products come in different prices but under the same item category, So we need to create the same line and only change the price of it since we have 100’s of products but we don’t need to create them as separate items

Thank you!

1 Like

I do not see any use for this. When you select an item it fills all the fields and you can change the price on the invoice for that item.

Accesories products are many and coming under the same name for example 365 types of Vase Ceramic and each type has its own price but they are coming from supplier with the same product code but different prices, so we have to make the same line like 10 times and each line has different price but with the same information for the rest

Another Example

and If I want to add all types of flowers … it is something like 34000+ names

2 Likes

Not sure why you are not using the item name as for example “Orange 1134 EQ 70cm” and keep description empty.

1 Like

I can’t remember the exact use case, but there’s been some situations where I wished I had a clone line option.

Since this seems to me like a low hanging fruit, I’m going to put this in ideas but whether it remains in ideas is up to @lubos.

2 Likes

I would strongly recommend against such a feature. If you want to add more units of an inventory item to an invoice, you should just edit the quantity, not clone the line. The entire justification comes from wanting to use a single inventory item to represent multiple, different, items. @Yaser is using inventory items to represent entire categories of goods. That should not be encouraged or enabled. The excuse that there are too many items to manage conventionally is a poor one, especially for the vases. That’s why we have computerized systems.

From other posts by @Yaser, it is questionable whether inventory items should even be used for many of the highly perishable items he describes selling. Non-inventory items that can be edited as needed may be more convenient. The flowers he mentions certainly do not remain in inventory longer than a few days, possibly less. I doubt they are ever verified in a physical stock check. But if they are to be thought of as inventory, they should be treated that way and be properly defined and managed.

2 Likes

I agree that inventory items may not be the best job for this tool, but that’s one specific use case only.

This tool could also be used for accounts, non-inventory items and even inventory items for locations splits, project splits, divisions splits or prices are different.

As an example for inventory items where prices are different, instead of using discounts, some people like to mention that X items are complementary.

The feature requested above may be useful in billing of free/bonus qty of same item.
This minimizes the chances of mistakenly selecting another item with almost same name & thus preventing qty(in hand) of mistakenly selected item getting reduced.

All the business life cycle is 1 week, from Wednesday to Tuesday, Which is too fast to catch everything even with a huge number of workers and employees.
and if I will create single item for each product, in 1 year I will have more than Million item

This is duplicate of the following topic already in ideas.

2 Likes

Thank God that someone else has the same, Thanks @lubos
You can merge the posts or close this if you like as long as it is there already
Thanks!

Topics merged to avoid duplication.

1 Like

Can you please explain why this is true? If you buy or sell a specific variety of rose again and again, that is only one inventory item, not a new item for each transaction. How did you get from 34,000 flower names to 1,000,000? For that matter, where did the 34,000 number come from? Are there really that many species/varieties of flowers available on the commercial market? (I do not dispute that there might be, but given the unconventional practices already described, I am interested to know what problem is really being dealt with, if any.)

Our main supllier in Holland has 2,646,243 item in thier database so let me tell you some reasons
1- flowers are seasonal so every season has different types
2- the same item has many specifications (Lenth, weight, color level) and each change makes it a different item
3- flowers has number of flowers in each stem, so same item can have1,2 or 3 flowers on same stem or even more
3- plants are the same
4- the accesories which needed to make the final bouquet you buy from florist has 5 or 6 stages till you buy it, and there are many additions like spay, Celfan…etc
it is big world really and has many categories of products (Basic & Secondary)
5- end of the week, flowers which is for example 70 CM, they cut 10 CM from it and put in water again, so it becomes another item 60CM and if it lost 1 or 2 flowers on the stem then it becomes another item with another price
6- Plants which grows fast … its value and specifications change by time.
I hope I gave you a simple idea about what is happening here :slight_smile:

+34000 types are the items which i have collected from last programs from the same system in different specifications
But if you want the real numder of uniqe types, it is 400,000 … you can google it

Probably off topic of the OP but

• Congratulations if you can make Manager achieve a useful system.

• I’m not convinced the enumeration approach is really appropriate though

• Do you really individually set the price of 34,000 items or the suppliers 2,646,243 items? I suspect there are a few underlying formulas used to calculate the pricing and entering / maintaining those formulas in your POS system (Manager atm) would be more sensible. I think you would be better off with Manager supporting saved formulas.

• Manager is not designed to track serial numbers / uniquely identified items within inventory items. Trying to do so is likely to run into problems.

• The number of items and item types may exceed the upper practical limit of Manager, which may be a problem for you in the future.

Best of luck

You already indicated that you do not want to change away from Manager. However, rather than trying to fit Manager to such complex inventory and order system there are much better systems for flower trade such as “Floral Frog” software (google it, there are also others such as “Flora Next”) that do inventory, sales, accounting, delivery etc. It allows you to set inventory categories and products that include product variants, images, stem count, etc. They even have a general flower database that provide backgrounds and images of thousands.

1 Like

IT IS :slight_smile:

Noo, every wedensday we have something like + - 3000 category only so coding and pricing has to be done manually yes (But I’m using the batch update for sure) but again someone has to check them in Excel and varificate the prices before uploading the batch (( and all of this process must be done from 6:00AM to 10:00 AM Wedensday morning)) so employees can start invoicing.

So let us push Manager to the maximum heat and proof that it is the best :slight_smile:

I have checked and will be considered … Thank you for the kind helpful advice!

@eko makes a very valid point. Sometimes you are better off using a program designed from the ground up for your specific industry.

1 Like