Clone Inventory Option Idea

I already liked (:heart:) this idea above, but I also wanted to express my support for it as someone who often needs to create a new inventory item that’s very similar to an existing one.

Interestingly, this would be much less of an annoyance if multiple browser tabs could be opened at the same time, but since the desktop version of Manager is a website wrapped as a standalone “app” there’s no way to view two inventory items side-by-side, and repeatedly copy and paste values back and forth between them.

2 Likes

Yes, there is. Right click on a tab and select New Tab or New Window

@Joe91’s method applies to Windows. Other operating systems behave differently. A technique that may work more widely is to open a browser window, then drag the tab you want to open into it from Manager’s left navigation pane.

By the way, this has been discussed numerous times in the forum.

1 Like

Oh Yes multiple tabs would be great.

1 Like

I’m able to navigate to http://127.0.0.1:55555 to use Manager in a web browser as long as the Manager app is running in the background. This allows me to use multiple tabs. I hadn’t encountered this possibility before, and I’m sorry about the dupe topic. Thanks!

You don’t need to navigate anywhere when using the desktop edition. Just open a browser window. Then drag the tab there from the Manager window.

1 Like

it would be great, if system support clone inventory

I am looking for a “heart” icon on the original post but on my screen I don’t see one! I am using Firefox and Linux - each of the comments displays a heart icon, but not the original???

1 Like

It looks like topics that are put into the Ideas category lose that icon in favor of voting capability.

1 Like

It’s nice to see that so many people like my idea thanks! I hope it gets implemented one day as this would really make my life easier as I am constantly having to clone inventory items as models change, but most of the info is largely identical.

1 Like

since this is now in the “ideas” category, don’t give it a (:heart:), give it your vote! scroll back to the top and add your vote there.

2 Likes

Our team have raised this idea with me again too. Look forward to Inventory and non-inventory cloning.

1 Like

Added to the latest version (21.1.45)

3 Likes

Superb! Thank you Lubos.

Tremendous!

A very big thank you for this! I am very pleased to have this feature. It really will be a time saver in future! Thank you. Much appreciated.