Can't open my business, got error message!

Help! I just realized today that I can’t open my business in Manager, along with all the important accounting data inside it… I have 3 businesses in Manager and I can only open one of them.

I am using manager 14.4.3
This is the error message I got:

System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path /Users/andrewgoenardi/.local/share/Manager/487237c1-a0e8-455d-a582-83a4761214be.manager
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int,System.IO.FileOptions)
  at ManagerServer.PersistentDictionary..ctor (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ManagerServer.Objects.Get (Guid entityId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Businesses.Businesses.Post () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Andrew

First, try updating. You are hundreds of updates out of date. Just download and reinstall the program. No need to uninstall the old version first. Your data will all be preserved. Then, if the problem persists, repost your question.

This error implies some other process is accessing the file. I don’t think upgrading will help in this case as this is simply the case that Manager is denied access to its own data.

Restarting computer could help.

Tut and lubos,
Thank you for your response.
the problem is now solved by updating to the current version.

Really appreciate your help.