Can't instlal Manager on Kali Linux

I have the newset Kali running:
Kali GNU/Linux 2017.3, 64bit
Kernel version 4.13.0-kali1-amd64

I have download the latest Manager.deb from manager.io. Cannot install due to dependency problems, that I cannot solve. Here is the log:

sudo dpkg -i Manager.deb
Selecting previously unselected package manager-accounting.
(Reading database … 167729 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack Manager.deb …
Unpacking manager-accounting (17.11.29) …
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of manager-accounting:
manager-accounting depends on libwebkit1.1-cil; however:
Package libwebkit1.1-cil is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package manager-accounting (–install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-2) …
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.60) …
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-1) …
Errors were encountered while processing:
manager-accounting

sudo apt-get install libwebkit1.1-cil
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package libwebkit1.1-cil
E: Couldn’t find any package by glob ‘libwebkit1.1-cil’
E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘libwebkit1.1-cil’

Please help.

This looks very similar to this :- RPM broken on Fedora 27 - webkitgtk no longer provided

That said, (and with the very greatest of respect), is Kali really the sort of distro that one should consider using for a production accounting suite…

Really not. I have just ran into some problems after buying a new laptop with Realtek Wifi card having a bug of disconnecting in Debian 9. Kali seemed to work, so just for a while I will keep it. But in the mean time, I need that wifi working.

Yeah - Debian can sometimes do that to you and be pretty fickle about anything “non-free”…
Don’t get me wrong, Kali is great for a good many tasks/jobs, but it’s just that running everything as root does not typically sit well with my (crusty old f@rt) sensibilities if you know what I mean.
You might find one of the *buntu’s more suited to a production type machine where just about every hardware eventuality is catered for, and being Debian based, quite familiar

I don’t have your HW, but a Ubuntu LTS or CentOS release is more … production grade.

The usual method on Debian-based systems of missing dependencies is to not run ‘apt-get install mising-package-name’ but ‘apt-get -f install’ (-f for ‘fix’). This does not solve your problem but …

1 Like

Got rid of Kali, now with Debian 9, everything works fine.