Ubuntu installation

i am new to ubuntu please someone can help me to install manager on ubuntu as i tried it says
sudo dpkg -i Manager.deb
(Reading database … 175523 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack Manager.deb …
Unpacking manager-accounting (17.10.88) over (17.10.88) …
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of manager-accounting:
manager-accounting depends on mono-runtime; however:
Package mono-runtime is not installed.
manager-accounting depends on libmono-system-xaml4.0-cil; however:
Package libmono-system-xaml4.0-cil is not installed.
manager-accounting depends on mono-devel; however:
Package mono-devel is not installed.
manager-accounting depends on libgtk2.0-cil-dev; however:
Package libgtk2.0-cil-dev is not installed.
manager-accounting depends on libwebkit1.1-cil; however:
Package libwebkit1.1-cil is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package manager-accounting (–install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.13.3-6ubuntu3.1) …
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.22-1ubuntu5.1) …
Processing triggers for bamfdaemon (0.5.3~bzr0+16.04.20160824-0ubuntu1) …
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf-2.index…
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.59ubuntu1) …
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.15-0ubuntu1) …
Errors were encountered while processing:
manager-accounting

whats the problem with it

You need to prepare your system before attempting to install the Manager .deb package

Good practice would suggest that you update your apt cache and then update any elements of your system that need updating, so first run

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Then, install mono - personally, I find the version in the current Ubuntu repositories satisfactory

sudo apt-get install -y mono-complete

Then do your

sudo dpkg -i Manager.deb

i tried it but it says
sudo dpkg -i Manager.deb
dpkg: error processing archive Manager.deb (–install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
Manager.deb

It looks like you’re not in the same folder as the Manager.deb file.

To solve this, you will need to move into the correct folder/directory, and then run the command.

If you are new to Ubuntu, are you able to use something else (e.g. Windows) to run Manager instead? You might find it easier to use something that you are familiar with already.

Rather Go to manager.io and just download it. Once downloaded open the files on the left and make a new file called Manager. Open the download file in Downloads and move it to the new Manager file. Now double click on the Manager.deb box in the newly made Manager file. Click on instal. On the top icon in the row of icons on the left, right click and choose Applications. You will find the Manager icon there.

This problem is due to dependencies required to install Manager but are not installed on your computer. You can go to the directory which contains the Manager.deb file, do a right click and select the “Open in Terminal” option. If you can’t find this option when you do the right click, then open a terminal and write “cd ./Downloads” (which is the folder which will probably contain the Manager.deb file). Once you do that then write the command “sudo dpkg -i Manager.deb”. This will give you an error and then you will write this command: “sudo apt -f install”. With this command your system will install the dependencies and Manager. Once completed you will find Manager in your programs files installed. When you upgrade do the same (sudo dpkg -i Manager.deb) in your Downloads file and that’s it.

2 Likes