Can I export all receipts and payments to a spreadsheet file format?

I’m being audited :weary: and need to export all receipts and payments entries for a specified set of dates to a spreadsheet. Is that possible?

What would be even better actually is if I could create a report in Manager that shows all receipts and payments for a specified period. The Receipts and Payments Summary only shows receipts and payments in their account groupings, not individually. I need to see all the individual transactions in a report, with date, customer, and amount.

Click on Reports → General Ledger Transactions

1 Like

There are two other ways to get the information also:

• Click on the actual balance figure for each cash or bank account and copy the result to the clipboard. Then paste into a spreadsheet. You can sort by date first, then drag over the relevant transactions within your desired time period and copy only those. Combine the various accounts in the same spreadsheet.

• Select the Receipts or Payments tab and do the same thing. Repeat with the other tab.

Neither of those methods will be sorted by account the way the General Ledger Transactions report is. It all depends on how you want the information presented. Each approach may involve slightly more or less work to produce the desired end result.

I am curious, however, how any of these approaches will satisfy an audit request. They will all produce a spreadsheet separate from your actual accounting system. I know of no auditor or audit method that would consider that a valid confirmation of anything, since you could easily generate a spreadsheet with any content you want.

2 Likes

Thank you! Labour intensive, but I got what I needed.

I know… they wouldn’t accept my P&L, wanted to see my bank statements, so I had to explain to them that not everyone pays me direct to the bank, some people pay cash or cheque. So then they said oh, well maybe just make a list of all the transactions and include where they went (cash, transfer, etc). Do these auditors know what they are doing? I have serious doubts ha ha!

Running a General Ledger Transactions report is not labour intensive, nor are the solutions provided by @Tut. Many businesses have a combination of cash and bank transactions and you are supposed to keep records of these. Therefore like other accounting software that you are able to setup bank and cash accounts in Manager and record these transactions.

Your auditors did the right thing asking you for the bank account statements which you should provide for the bank transactions, and any other records you keep for example for cash transactions. You mentioned transfers but those should show on your bank statements also. In addition they may delve into and trace invoices and contact a selection of suppliers and customers depending on how forensic the audit is becoming. The records of the suppliers and customers should match these of your business.

From experience audits are quite painless if you have the correct processes, systems and policies in place and can explain deviations with evidence. Good book-keeping helps as well as adhering to legislation, especially when subjected to a tax audit by a fiscal institute.

1 Like