Bug with "Copy to Clipboard"

For a mac see

In windows see

Thank you.

@lubos, please inform us about the solution for the problem “Copy to clipboard”

I am trying to use Copy to clipboard in Receipts and Payments. I had not installed the webview2 component (so was falling back on IE) as I was using the desktop version to test the batch update before updating the live server version.

The copy to clipboard does not work in IE fallback mode.

1 Like

@dalacor, I know you have been using both server and desktop (for testing) editions. Which one has this problem? At least one bug with the function was already fixed. Others are already documented.

Your post was moved to the existing bug discussion.

The server version is the live version, which is on the June version. I still have to update this. I have the latest version of Manager on a desktop install and it is with this that the problem is occurring.

When I update the live Server version, I will test the copy to clipboard and see how if it works. I don’t know whether I need the webview for the server version or if that is a desktop client only requirement.

Anyway installing the webview on the desktop version seems to address the copy to clipboard apart from one strange line appearing - that is not a transaction and has an odd date. I just deleted that entry.

On the Server version, the copy to clipboard works with or without Webview2 installed. So only the desktop version is affected in that Webview2 must be installed for this to work.

The only bug that remains (for me at least) is with this strange receipt transaction dated the 1st January 2001 - long before I started using the program and also with no amounts and most of the fields empty. I just deleted that row and everything seems to be ok. No idea where it comes from though.

1 Like

Yes - I have noticed that too!

@dalacor @jtc the issue with batch update fixed in the latest version (20.10.94). It is actually an entry from Form Defaults which batch update was not ignoring. It is ignoring it now.

1 Like

@pandhm I’m not sure why is this broken for you in both Firefox and Edge. Can you try another computer? This looks like something installed on your computer which prevents web-browsers to modify contents of your clipboard.

@lubos I have tried another computer. When I select the data of the report and copy them, then I can paste them to excel, but with “copy to keyboard” button nothing is copied to clipboard

Are you describing a button on your keyboard or a button drawn by Manager on your screen?

@lubos also different OS, Windows 7 pro and Windows 10 pro, for the clients

@pandhm what if you install desktop edition. Can you still reproduce the issue in desktop edition?

@lubos In a clean Win7Pro desktop edition installation, it asked for webview2 and everything work fine

Thank you. I was wondering what it was!

Hi, i am using Mac OS Big Sur with Manager version 21.1.1 and copy to clipboard function does not work when pasting on excel, nothing to paste. Any idea?

I tried using copy to clipboard function from multiple locations (inventory, sales, reports, etc) nothing to paste.

Have to do audit and this is a nightmare.

Thank you.

help please, my export button in customer tab is missing

Do not double post you comments/requests - it only wastes my time having to answer twice :wink:

On Mac, this issue should be fixed in the latest version (21.1.7)