Budget on Manager

How far is the Budgeting function on Manager. One can really use such for planning and budget control. it’s been coming since 2014 and on a road map for a while. Please give me an indication as I am considering signing up with other parties for this particular function which is not ideal for me as I prefer to run all my systems in Manager.

3 Likes

I concur as I have come to the realisation that without budgeting functionality, I am unable to manage my finances in both personal and business accounts. I have quite a few things that I would like to have implemented in Manager, but I consider this to be the top priority as its having a negative impact financially on me. Budgeting is essential.

1 Like

As a work around you could create another Manager Business called Budget, duplicate your P&L chart of accounts and then via Journals create a budget for each month - these journals would be created unbalanced as that would represent the months budgeted profit.

Now you can create exactly matching P&L reports in both the actual and budget businesses for performance comparisons. The reports can have columns for both cumulative to date as well as individual months.

2 Likes

Basic budgeting has been added

1 Like