Better filename proposition for pdf exporting using print button

The problem was partially fixed from v 22.1.11 .

After that version some companies at my server edition export with the right tab names and with the schema: Invoice ‘Number’ - ‘Customer’ as you can clearly see in the picture below.

But in the same server, in another business this happens:

Instead of “Invoice number - Customer name”, I get “my own company name – Document type – number – date – view”. All that with double dashes.

I repeat it’s on the same server running v 22.3.45

My main problems with the later export is:

1. It doesn’t contain the customer name, so when I archive the documents, it is very difficult to find the one I am looking for, outside of manager.
  2. The double dashes are ugly and disfunctional and the whole filename is huge.

So… I Guess I have to find what difference there is between theese 2 businesses so that we can find what’s causing that behaviour.

The onlything I know, is that the only bussiness that has the right export, is the one that exists from 2014 and has been imported to the server. All other businesses that where created in that server, are poducing the wrong filenames. SO there must be something in the business files that makes that difference.

@AntonisV I can replicate this, older businesses export with the same tab names as print to PDF with the schema: Invoice ‘Number’ - ‘Customer’ whilst newly created test businesses do not. I wonder if it is related to existing custom themes and the now hidden default theme.

Well I just exported and erased all data of my old business (maybe there are leftovers on accounts and stuff). I am uploading it here just for everyone to test that it works.

Pdf Export Test (2022-08-27).manager (104 KB)

In THIS business, the export to pdf filename is correct. Try and see.

I just tried and works as you described, but it does not explain the variation in behaviour.

Yes it doesn’t. It’s just a proof that its happeing. Maybe with this file @lubos can solve it

I agree but there is for s and against.
PDF Button when I do it it prints my logo which is a back ground picture that takes up the whole page header and I paid to have it coded splits into 2 and has done for some time now to this

from this

But the PDF button puts the name of person I am invoicing and Invoice number.

Print to PDF prints the logo across header in the background as 1 picture
but does not name it and yes I do have folders set up for clients .I have to with 250 of them I need to !.
Yes I can name the invoice but its just another thing I have to do in a very busy day.

I guess at the end of the day naming an invoice before you save it is a small thing compared to the other great features Manager has to offer

1 Like