Best practice to process statements FROM suppliers

Hello. I think my question is simple, but I cannot figure out how to resolve it. Manager.io has been working great for us when it comes to handling accounts payable. However, I cannot figure out what to do with statements from suppliers. I obviously do not want to enter it as a new bill, but I need to convey to different users that the bill is overdue and needs attention.

Is Manager even designed with this in mind, or do I need to take a different approach?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

From an accounting viewpoint, a statement has no meaning other than as a courtesy. It provides a summary of transactions that affect the amount owed or due. So when you receive a statement from a supplier, no entry is possible as long as the supplier has sent you normal sales invoices (which you enter as purchase invoices).

If your goal is simply to prompt someone in your organization to pay the amount you may owe, a copy of the statement with a note (or email) that the amount is overdue is all you can do. This is a workflow or procedural problem, not an accounting problem.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. That is precisely the clarification that I needed. I truly appreciate it!

Of course, there are many companies, usually small service providers, who don’t send invoices, but rather send statements as your only notification of amounts due. In that case, you will have to either create a purchase invoice (if the amount will be paid at some point in the future) or just Spend Money from a cash or bank account to pay.