Batch production Order having 2 line items

When we create a production order for the BOM having 2 line items and try batch create it , the second line item is not copied with the excel sheet only the first item is copied.

The Quantity for finish goods is not been multiplied for the BOM items mentioned below.

For a Finish good created from RAW material and also generate scrap.

We have to add the quantity in the finish good and multiply manually for the BOM items, it must multiply automatically with reference to the samples BOM which has been created earlier.

Welcome to the forum @manoj_sharma,

Please show screenshots of your spreadsheet as well as your Batch create preview screen.

Also, provide the Version and Edition of Manager.

Version i am using is 23.4.27

Also

Attached Both the test BOM and also the Batch Update excel file screen shot

The line item must be compulsory on the BOM so that we can add accordingly

The Batch create headers now come using minimal number of lines by default since now that the lines are mapped to columns in Batch operations, the columns count could grow without limits, so it’s better to keep them at minimum.

The solution in your case is simple, just add as many additional columns for lines while increasing the index, e.g. BillOfMaterials.1... becomes BillOfMaterials.2... for line 2 and so forth.

That’s because Production Orders uses total actual quantity of inputs, not standard quantity of inputs. So the BOM for item 100-D6TH… should be entered as 323.76 * 1520 or 492,115.2.

If you need to enter scrap/items as inventory items, you can write-on those quantities by following this guide: https://www.manager.io/guides/20615. You can set the value to 0 or assign an amount if you wish.

If you need to produce a byproduct, the byproduct needs a separate Production Order. You can prorate the BOMs based on the values.

Unfortunately, that’s not possible, however, you can still perform calculations in number fields – e.g. instead of 492,115.2 you can also enter 323.76 * 1520. See this guide for more details: https://www.manager.io/guides/18222

What i am doing is using 2 different batch production entries for the finish goods as the batch can be updated and other for the scrap again so that 20 to 50 or more items production entry is been done.

Instead of calculating each in the fields i calculate it in excel sheet and upload accordingly.

Showing the desired results but was looking for a more better solution.

Thanks for your valuable and immediate reply.

1 Like

I’m glad to be of any help.

Please note that there’s been idea in the forum for a while that tackles more or less the same issues you put forth here. You might want to check that out:

I’m going to close the topic now.
For any further questions or suggestions feel free to create a new topic.