Bank statement automatic matching

After using Manager now for five years, I think it’s time to request this feature: automatic matching on the bank statement. The current bank rules do not suffice in the case of debtors/customers payments when having single customers. It would require an automated process which performs the following actions:

• Search the sales invoice number of the first open sales invoice in the description field of the bank statement line (contains), then the second open sales invoice etc. until a hit is made
  • If no hit is made, search for the bank account number (add bank account to the customer/supplier master data)
  • If no hit is made, search for the customer name (or parts of it).
  • Fill in the debtors account, copy the debtor/customer name and open sales invoice number
  • Save the bankstatement line
  • Next line

This can also be applied to suppliers. I think it is possible to re-use the current bank rules matching process (which works fine for regular suppliers), but now Manager has to look in the open invoices instead of the bank rules.

I guess the implementation isn’t difficult, because all data is already available and a similar script as well (besides of adding the bank account to the master data)

1 Like

I am not sure about the names though, because many accounts database have duplicate names for people with same names or same company in different countries/regions. Then you have those companies with very descriptive names that can be confused with descriptions.

However, I think the part with the auto bank account matching would be a great addition. Maybe like a built in dynamic bank rule.