Backup Server Edition Multiple Businesses - Linux

I have read the following common way to backup company files: performing a backup in Manager is to use the backup button in the top-right corner when working with an accounting entity. If multiple accounting entities need to be backed up, the process needs to be repeated for each accounting entity.

The Linux Server can run its own scheduled backup of data but what I need to know is what are the files that will need to backed up in this scenario to include multiple companies. I may be looking in the wrong place?

Below are the Manager files located on the Server. In the event of disaster Mono can be downloaded again etc but as far as the multiple company accounting data goes, are the files I have identified sufficient? Are these the only files because the “company_name.manager” appears to be created by the backup button when logged in as Administrator / Admin in Manager:

-rw-r--r-- 1 administrator administrator   14848 Apr  3 00:56 BCrypt.Net.dll
-rw-r--r-- 1 administrator administrator   55808 Jul 29 00:56 HttpFramework.dll
-rw-r--r-- 1 administrator administrator 2947072 Jul 29 00:58 ManagerServer.exe
-rw-r--r-- 1 administrator administrator  180224 Jul 29 00:58 protobuf-net.dll

Please advise on the essential data files and location of the files for multiple entities. In any event the whole server is backed up but would appreciate understanding which are the crucial data files needed should the users fail to hit the “Backup” button in Manager.

Those files you have listed are binary files. There is no point backing those up because you can always download the program from our website.

Go to About Manager section to find out what’s in Application Data. This is path to the folder where your Manager data (e.g. all businesses) are stored so if you want some automated backup process, you need to make sure to backup this folder.

Shucks Lubos - Too easy now that you point it out :slight_smile: - Thank you.