(Australian) Group Certificates and custom reports

Just thought I’d inform you guys. I’m not a hokey who knows SFA. I’m a qualified ICT since yr 2000. I helped program a lot of the stuff around now. I was a Microsoft partnership at one point. Methinks there’s a typo somewhere in coding.But enough of me.

@Tut @ lubos

Thanks for the heads-up and link. I appreciate it. I’ll quote part of that guide and what happens when I follow it word-for-word…

Set up existing businesses

Setting up an existing business on Manager is more complex, because you will already have existing payslip items that cannot be abandoned. Instead, those must be configured to work with the new report. Fortunately, you only need to do this once. Then, just keep up to date as you add new employees.

Notes
This setup process must be completed separately for each Australian business in Manager. Localization settings and features do not carry over from one to another.

To more completely understand the importation process, read this general Guide before setting up a business for this particular report.

Harry3 tried to read this general guide. Here’s the result…
404 error

Go to Settings and click Import in the top-right corner:

VSwl5W2

Select Australia and click Next:

4Dwxg4S

Harry3 tried that. After clicking [Next], here’s the result…

Now after clicking [Import], here’s the result…

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

Info icon # The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
### Most likely causes:
  • The website is under maintenance.
  • The website has a programming error.|
    ||## What you can try:|
    ||####

[Refresh the page.](javascript:clickRefresh())|
||####

[Go back to the previous page.](javascript:history.back();)|
||####

More information [More information](javascript:expandCollapse(‘infoBlockID’, true);)|

So guys, WHAT NOW??
I think I’ll wait until the updates are de-bugged and Manager is actually READY FOR PRIME-TIME
Thanks all
Harry

I

The 404 error was already discovered. It was a hyperlink typo in the content source and has been fixed. The web site will update automatically tomorrow.

Fixed it. :wink:

You might also mention in the Manager guide that once the | -bar does appear, keep selecting items and adding them after the | -bar in the Import field.Then click the [Import] button to add all of them at one go. Screen will look like this…

How can someone be credited to help developing specific features for one country? I can give some help for Italy

It would be also useful the possibility to export and import custom XML not from the repository…do you think you can extend it also to chart of accounts scheme?

The Guide already says what you suggest, in almost the same words. The hyperlink correction has uploaded or you would have been able to see this yesterday.

@Davide, there is GitHub project at https://github.com/lubos/ManagerRegions

Contributing is basically a matter of uploading new XML file or overriding existing XML file.

XML file can be obtained by clicking on Export button in Settings tab.

I will be writing some guide to explain what’s already possible and how to do it. Yes - I’m planning to extend the support to chart of accounts as well.

Great… so we can share settings based on our experience

Hi @lubos,

how about extending import and export to local XML files? I mainly think of three reasons:

1. intensive testing before making changes to GitHub;
  2. very custom implementations that wouldn’t fit the community;
  3. remote helping other guys from the community without sharing a full backup of the business.

I’m working on more visual approach to create these country-specific reports. For example, this is how Australian GST Calculation Worksheet would be done…

Notice how the first part is declaring variables which you can then put into a spreadsheet.

Hopefully this will lower barrier of entry even further as no HTML is required to write.

2 Likes

That’s a great improvement!

Will you be doing the same thing for New Zealand so we can get a similar report, At the moment I have created my own access database but would love to do it from manager

1 Like

Yes, the plan is to have coverage for all countries. That’s why I made this framework so anyone can implement this for their country and contribute back to global repository. I’m still leaning myself how to simplify the process as much as possible to lower the barrier of entry.

1 Like

There already is a GST Return for New Zealand. (This topic has wandered, and it isn’t clear what “similar report” you are referring to. Also, read the Guide: Add localized settings and features | Manager.

I am sorry I did not think this was about GST. I thought it was about PAYE/wages.
I already use the GST report and its great

I am not sure how I can contribute or what information would be needed. I know there is a spreadsheet that our IRD have as a sample when you upload to their site, its in a special format and they have a whole section and help for developers but I dont understand any of it. I did put the spreadsheet up and asked if it was any good for any of the developers but never had a reply I did not direct it at anyone specific. I am only to happy to help just not sure what is needed

link is dead

Which link?
Localisations are here
For Australia here
Australian group certificates / PAYG payment summary — individual non-business here

it was @Tut’s link to the guide, it 404’d today, but is up now. not sure what happened there.