Amounts on Age Analysis and Statement do not correspond

Please help… The total amount of a statement does not correspond with the amount as per the age analysis. How can I fix it?

it is probably a question of dates - but you would need to post a copy of the statement and report here for a more definitive answer

- Statement for dates 01.04.2018 - 30.04.2018
Extract of Age Analysis for dates 01.04.2018 - 30.04.2018

Regards

Where did the Opening Balance shown on the statement at 4/1/2018 come from?

Was it entered as a starting balance or as an invoice dated prior to the Start Date?

The Aged Receivables report includes only receivables (sales invoices). It is not an analysis of the customer’s subaccount in the Accounts receivable account, which might include credit notes, advances, starting balance, etc. So an Aged Receivables report could be entirely blank, while various customers have credits available.

Without knowing how both the 60 and 500 credits were entered, it is not possible to explain exactly what happened.

This has been the subject of discussion several times previously on the forum. Users have different opinions about what should be shown in an aging report. There is no universally accepted standard in accounting for this.

Hi Joe,
attached the full statement since 2016. Hope it helps

I attached the full statement. Maybe it will help in you assisting me?

This helps somewhat. The statement balance for JOZIKA KAMUKUENJANDJE is correct (560 C). On 11/3/2017, the customer overpaid the balance due by 60. You had no explicit entry for 60; that was just the overpayment. So when you created a transaction statement for April 2018, as shown in your second post, there was an opening balance of 60 Cr.

What confuses me is that in the same post, you showed a snippet of the Aged Receivables report, showing only the line for MS U. KAMUKUENJANDJE. That is a different customer. And it shows no -500 entry under the Current column as it should if there was a transaction on 4/3/2018. So where is the real customer? And is there even disagreement?

I entered the transactions in a test business and I got the different results maybe you should update to the latest version

and for the Aged Receivables

At this moment, Aged Receivables report will only show customers who owe you money on unpaid or partially paid invoices.

If customer has a credit (they don’t owe you money), they won’t show on Aged Receivables report.

This is not quite true. Here is an Aged Receivables report that includes a customer with a credit balance. On this report, Brilliant Industries began with a starting balance of 5000 in available credit. There was a credit note, a late payment fee, then an overpayment resulting in a credit balance on the invoice itself:

It might be more accurate to say that Aged Receivables includes customers with invoices that have non-zero balances. Technically, these are still receivables, just negative receivables.

Regardless, the Aged Receivables report is not intended to match a drill-down on the customer’s Accounts receivable balance. Nor, in my opinion, should it, though I know others disagree.

The fact is, I think @Christel’s confusion really arises from comparing two different customers who happen to have the same last name.

OK yeah, overpayments on invoices will show on this report. But overpayment on an invoice is a bookkeeping error.

I agree.