After Software Update 19.10.41 Manager Fails to Launch under Linux

Hello,

After downloading Manager.applimage and double-clicking Manger launches showing version 19.10.41. So far so good.

However, when launching Manager from the menu I get the following dialog. Clicking okay just closes the dialog.

Screenshot%20from%202019-11-02%2007-38-55

“19.9.2: Manager.Serialization Exception: Schema: 222>220 at Manager.Upgrade.Process” and continues with additional info. I have a screenshot but cannot figure out how to insert here.

I’m running Linux Mint 19.3

When I launch Manager.applimage again Manager opens as it did initially and my data is visible.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks,

mark

the error shows you are still running Manager version 19.9.2
make sure you have updated Manager correctly.
instructions regarding appimage can be found here Quickstart — AppImage documentation

TX for the reply sharpdrivetek.

I double checked that Manager.applimage is executable, also tried running from the terminal. No change. My previous update was applimage as well and was successful.

Has anyone seen this error before?

Thanks,

mark

Hi Thanks for a great Program … But for Dummies like myself you should have added this for the linux Users.
Thank Again Jack

Before you can run an AppImage, you need to make it executable. This is a Linux security feature. There are three main ways to make an AppImage executable:

1. With the GUI

Open your file manager and browse to the location of the AppImage
    Right-click on the AppImage and click the ‘Properties’ entry
    Switch to the Permissions tab and
    Click the ‘Allow executing file as program’ checkbox if you are using a Nautilus-based file manager (Files, Nemo, Caja), or click the ‘Is executable’ checkbox if you are using Dolphin, or change the ‘Execute’ drop down list to ‘Anyone’ if you are using PCManFM
    Close the dialog
    Double-click on the AppImage file to run