After desktop update VAT disappears

After updating the software to the latest desktop version for mac, my latest invoices are empty. And the VAT-number from my clients is nowhere to be found, not in the “customers” section and not in the “invoices”. Any suggestions here are very welcome…

Before installing the new software next the old version, I received this error form the old version:

Internal Error
You are running an outdated version. Please use the latest version available.
**/**System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Manager.Database.SingleOrDefault[T](Nullable`1 key) in C:\projects\manager2\Manager\Database.cs:line 47 at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest() in C:\projects\manager2\ManagerServer\HttpHandlers\HttpHandler.cs:line 27

Welcome to the forum @Xive

More information is required. Please provide the following:

• Your current Version of Manager
  • Do you have a data backup before the update?
  • Screenshot of your tabs where the VAT number is supposed to show: Summary, Customers, Invoices
  • A screenshot of an edit screen where VAT is supposed to show.

You probably need to create a Tax Payable account and update your tax codes to use this account

See the guides on Tax codes

This change occurred many months ago but you are only experiencing it now because you have not updated for years

You should keep your version up to date more regularly

My current version is the version I downloaded today (mac).
I do have a back-up from the last time I used the old version (the version that gives me the error). Can I send screenshots and back-up in private modus?
Schermafbeelding 2022-12-18 om 11.49.04

Schermafbeelding 2022-12-18 om 08.20.46

Hi Joe,
I don’t have problems with Tax codes, but with the individual VAT numbers from clients.

Search the forum as this was a change and was discussed many times

Hi Joe,
I have added some print screens.
I urgently need to send invoices and lost some of my data, even though I have made a back-up of the latest data with the old version of the software. What am I looking for on the forum? Is there a version of the software available for download before the change, which can help me out for now? Thanks in advanced?

Search the forum for Github, but you can only open a backup file which hasn’t been opened yet by a newer version due to changes performed in the DBase structure by the update script.

and there are tpoics on using a custom field to print VAT numbers

Simple solution - add VAT number to the customer address

Thanks for the clear feedback.
One more question, since the update I can’t acces my custom templates for invoice and credit notes, because I can’t find them in the setting page. Any suggestions here, so I can adjust them in the new version software? Thanks in advanced!

I believe that you are referring to Custom Themes.

They were moved under Obsolete Features.

1 Like