Advanced Queries

So based on the feedback, I’ve realized the previous implementation of elevating Advanced Search into Custom Reports was not as good. In the latest version (24.2.26) it works as follows.

I’m going to call the feature Advanced Queries.

The reason is that it’s not always search what users are doing thus Advanced Search is not appropriate. And it’s not always a report that users want out of this feature so Custom Reports is not the right terminology either.

I think Advanced Queries captures meaning of this feature the best.

Another issue I was tackling was that when Advanced Query was active, the yellow box showing the definition was taking too much screen estate.

The latest version will show just the name of selected advanced query.

But if you click it, it will expand to full definition which you can Edit.

You can turn any advanced query into printable report. When advanced query is selected, there will be Print button at the bottom.

Clicking Print button will convert data on the screen into printable report.

3 Likes

Much better!! Please consider because of consistency with all other Print buttons in Manager to put it on top. Thank you!

New CustomReport/Advance queries works fine in some tabs like invoices. But on inventory tab the group by function is not working as intended. It just list the name of the groups and no balances against them nor any of the the group is clickable, kindly look into that.
And by any chance the optional collapse/uncollapse function is coming to the group by feature? Like older custom reports?

I agree with @shahabb we need collapse/uncollapse in our work.

There’s the same issue with fixing assets

This issue is resolved for me in Manager v24.02.29.1336.

• In Fixed assets, Advance Query by control account now shows sub totals for Acquisition cost, Depreciation and Book value.
  • Drill down on each of these is supported enabling display of fixed asset items by control account.

Thank you Lubos

PS to illustrate, in a test business set up to mimic an earlier guide example

With out advance query

With advanced query, to group by control account
70 Advanced query - Fixed Assets

Then drilling down on the Motor vehicle cost entry