Additional Features of Multi-level of Sub-Accounts within Special Accounts and Internal Split Accounts option in Non-Inventory Item feature

My request is based on my business nature of Commission Based Payment Structure. The following link is the Topic where Brucanna and Tut help out the my accounting treatment issues.

Sub-accounts within special account

1. As per information from the link above, I have to handle special accounts relating to recruit’s commission.

If in future I might have more than 7 or 8 recruits, and I may use special Accounts for other use like trust fund. I think it will be not be proper if I mix recruits’ special accounts names in a main screen of Special account tabs.

Thus, I would like to have additional feature of Sub-Accounts within special Accounts.

Internal Split Accounts in Non-Inventory item tab.

1. As per link above, The commission based payment structure, it relates with 4 parties, which is very similar to Insurance Company.

a. Myself
b. Customer
c. Recruits
d. Service Provider

For every purchase the customer bought from my recruits, only partial of the sum are recognize as income, while the rest will be liabilities to me.

The issue is, if I do Split Transaction in Sales Invoice, It will show internal transaction in Sales invoice, which is not use-able to give out to the customer.

So, I have to set in Non-Inventory items to a Clearing Account before I Split the transaction to the respective Account by using Journal Entry.

The Non-Inventory Item only allows 1 Account to be posted to. I would like to have a Split Account, So the Journal Entries are not needed to post for the said transactions.

Why not create the initial Sales Invoice to suit the customer and then after printing it edit it to suit the required accounting entries - this will probable be your best workaround.

1 Like

I already have the workaround is rather straight method using journal.

So, I have to set in Non-Inventory items to a Clearing Account before I Split the transaction to the respective Account by using Journal Entry.

But I like your Idea Brucanna, then i just need to save the initial sales invoice to pdf and store away.

I’m not in a dire state that I need those features immediately, It would be helpful the features I’m requesting does not require for me to use journal entries for the said split transactions or do the Brucanna’s workaround method.

Alternatively, you could create a separate business which you just use to create Customer Sales Invoices while the accounting Sales Invoices are done in the main business

1 Like

That’s a good idea. You wouldn’t even need to worry about balancing or clearing anything.

Now why I didn’t think of that? :joy:

The method is like, Point of Sale with backend of accounting program :grinning: