Add Text to Theme

Hi Guys,

Trying to add two simple lines of text on my invoice just above footer, looks great in manager but when it prints to PDF it comes out on multiple lines. (I’ve shortened my message “text” below)

Here is my code above the footer from a theme i grabbed from here.

<tr>
<td colspan="99">
<div style="font-weight: bold; text-align: center; padding-top: 20px">PAYMENTS</div>
<div style="text-align: center">Payment Details</div>
</td>
</tr>      
{% endfor %}
<tfoot> ........

What you see on screen depends on your window width. The onscreen display is not what-you-see-is-what-you-get with regard to printing.

Heres the issue, it appears prefectly on the screen

This is how it looks on screen and how I’d like it to look:

Bank: ASB - Account Name: John Doe - Account Number: 12-1234-1234567-00

However i am presented with

Bank Branch ASB
Account Name
John Doe
Account Number
12-1234-1234567-00

How do i fix this with my code? is the colspan=“99” in percentage or characters?

Thank you.

the code you provided in your first post and your requirement in the last post are completely different.

anyway if you would like to have it as a single line, place all the content within a single <div> tag.

For example,
<div> _*your content here*_</div>

Thank you for your help, this is very annoying… so last night I had everything working perfectly and processed about 6 invoices and they all came out exactly right! however today i have tried to do another invoice and it no longer shows the lines i added… they are still there in the theme’s but do not appear when i do the invoice. Below is what I added to a premade invoice that i copied from the themes page.

</tr>
        <tr>
<td colspan="99">
            <div style="font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; padding-top: 20px; text-align: center; margin-bottom: 5px">PAYMENTS</div>
            <div style="font-size: 12px; text-align: center; margin-bottom: 5px">Bank: <b>Bank</b> - Account No: <b>12-1234-1234567-00</b> - Account Name: <b>J Doe</b></div>
        </td>
        <tr>
<td colspan="99">
            <div style="font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; padding-top: 20px; text-align: center; margin-bottom: 5px">PAYMENTS - PAYPAL</div>
            <div style="font-size: 12px; text-align: center; margin-bottom: 5px">Please send your EMAIL address, I will send a payment request, you can then use Credit/Debit Card for payment - <b>FEE'S APPLY</b></div>
        </td>
    </tr>

update, if I add something to the “Notes” on the invoice, now my lines i added appear ?

Thank you in advance.

your bank account details can be entered in the Notes field and set it as a default. You need not have to enter it for every new invoice. Then you can select the default plain theme. you do not have to use any custom theme for this.

I am struggling to enter my bank details on the invoice

First, read this Guide: Manager Cloud.

If that doesn’t answer your question, you’ll need to provide more information about exactly what you are trying to add. You have choices ranging from adjusting field content with HTML to adding custom fields to developing complete custom themes. (There are Guides about all of those, too.)

It is really easy if you enter the detail in a custom text field. Create it by going to settings → Custom Fields → Sales Invoice then add new custom field, choose a single or paragraph text field.
Once done setup the content under settings → Form defaults. You will need to select / edit the Sales invoice and you will see your newly created custom text field sitting there. Now enter your message in the text field and once done hit “update”.

Thank you for your response on how to enter bank account details. It works and was very simple.

A second question relates to where and how I can enter my companies house registration number on the invoice.

The answer is the same as I gave you in my previous post. Read the Guide.