Footer At Bottom Of Every Page

Hi, How can a make my Footer details appear at the bottom of every Invoice or Quote? At present I am having to use the notes tab to Include my Footer details which appear underneath the actual Invoice!

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€œFooter details.ā€ The standard sales invoice layout includes business details in the upper right area, below any logo. If you want this information somewhere else, you will have to develop a custom view template.

But the Notes field is meant for information you want to display below the invoice line items and totals. If your question is how to avoid retyping standard information, click on the blue Set default text next to the Notes field title. You can place anything you want here, including payment terms, business information, etc. If you specify default text, it will appear on every sales invoice, but can be changed or deleted on a case by case basis.

Thank you for reply! Ok what I would like to do is put more lines of text i.e. contact details/company registration that appear at the bottom of every document when sent as an email or printed

go to settings there is business details you can have reg number etc there.

I wanted to have the same details as you on my invoices and printed documents. Another user on this forum mentioned a way which I now use and works well. (Although, it is not on the footer of the documents)
When entering company/business details in settings, I added my contact details under my address.
Hope this helps.

Ok, Thank You Iā€™ll try!

Lol, sorry to be a pain, but it still only allows me to have those details at the top with other business details!! when each document is opened / printed by the recipient it opens in a A4 size! what Iā€™m after is to have certain business text details at the very bottom of the A4 page like a Footer on a letter.

Sorry, but you canā€™t do that. All the formatting in Manager works to close up empty space.

Ok thanks for letting me know Tut.

It is as Tut says: you have to develop a custom view template (in Manager > Settings > View Templates). I did it, with the help of someone with a very good understanding of HTML and CSS, and now have a Footer at the bottom of my invoices.

The Template starts with:

<div style="height: 992px">

Next comes all the stuff about the actual contents of the invoice (= standard) and the Template ends with:

<table style="width: 100%; position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0;"><tr><td style="text-align: left">Please send payment stating bill number <b>{{ reference }}</b> of <b>{{ issue_date | date_to_string }}</b> within *days* on bankaccount .... in the name of (firm name). Chamber of Commerce number: ....; TAX number: .....</td></tr></table></div>

The thing that does it is:

<table style="width: 100%; position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0;">
2 Likes

I am trying to follow your post to incorporate 2 line of instruction at the borrom of every Invoice, I have created a new template but cannot work out where to put my code, any help would be appreciatedā€¦

My lines should be something like the following

Please check this delivery with your order, retain one copy of the Delivery Note,
Sign & Date the other and give back to Our Driver. Thank You.

I have fixed this by using a custom field, Thanks again

1 Like

Hi ianclegg,
Sorry for not responding earlier; I was away for a couple of days.
If you still need a solution (like the 2 lines of instruction are really at the bottom of a page), you can also use the following.
Your Theme will now probably end with:

</tbody></table>

You should replace this with:

[code]
{% if title == ā€˜Invoiceā€™ %}

Please check this delivery with your order, retain one copy of the Delivery Note,
Sign & Date the other and give back to Our Driver. Thank You.
{% else %} {% endif %} [/code]

Thank you Roeland for your post relating to ā€œFooter at the bottom of every pageā€ this was driving me mad until I came across your solution . Very helpful.

hello @TIFMCL this topic is 5 years old and manager is Completely changed in these 5 years.
so i am not sure that old solution will work now.
Can you confirm it ?

The custom field works well. I would not tinker at this stage with the themes. The advantage with the custom field is that you can either make the content kind of permanent using form defaults (can still change it per invoice) or use copy to or clone an invoice when repeated content or just enter on a case by case basis.

Having moved away from the legacy pdf creator within Manager, I am now facing the same problem in that my address is no longer at the bottom of the page, but right below the last custom field.

I will try Roelandā€™s suggestion tomorrow and see if it works. The custom field is very useful for a lot of scenarios but if you need a footer to actually be at the bottom of the a4 page, then you need to use html and template coding.