Accounts Receivable showing negative

“ I have an issue with my accounts receivable schedule showing a negative balance. Are there any known reasons that may cause this? I do have customers that pay in advance, however, I don’t believe that this is the sole reason for my total accounts receivable being a negative amount. The Schedule agrees to the general ledger balance.”

Advance payments or deposits and credit notes can all result in a negative balance in Accounts Receivable. The easiest way to understand what is happening is to click on the accounts receivable balance on the summary page and drill down on the specific customer’s balance to see what transactions make it up. If those don’t make sense to you, then you need to post more specific Information.

also my emails aren’t working all of a sudden and i keep getting this error message. Could you shed some light please?

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1)
at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Businesses.Business.Email.Post()

Please do not divert topics with unrelated questions. That ensures no one will see your question.