Account name and Column-Descriptions in Payment

Hi everyone need some help here. I recorded couple of cash purchases by using the payment module. The purchases paid from Cash on hand account. I checked up the Column-Description then selected expenses accounts and and fill out the detail of the transactions each.

but on the print view its only show the description column without the account name there. If I uncheck the Column-description in payment form, the account will show up.

Is it possible to show the account name + the column-description together like this below? so If somebody want to check the posting, they just can it see from the vouchers without drill down to transaction ledger etc.

Thank you for your help

No, that is not possible. Accounts never show on finished transactions. That is because it is no one’s business how your accounts are set up or where you post a transaction. Completed payment transaction forms are sent by many users as confirmations with their payments.

Your justification is weak, if you think about it. Anyone authorized to check the posting has access to the Edit screen from exactly the same list where they would select the View screen. In other words, they had to drill down to View the transaction. They could just as easily look at the Edit screen instead.

Hi the point is why the account names and the column description not showing together in the payment voucher! that’s all! if i check the column-description, the account names is not showing. If I uncheck it then the account name showing up on the printing vouchers. In Journal vouchers, account name and column description both are showing.

I just told you. It’s because the information is proprietary to your business and should never go to anyone else.

Well, I’m surprised to learn this. It only does that if you don’t select an inventory or non-inventory item (with an item name) and leave the Description field blank. In other words, the program doesn’t like it when you have a line item posted to an account with no description or explanation whatsoever. Since it cannot substitute an item name, it uses the only other thing it has, the account name. But that’s very poor practice.

That is because journal entries are purely internal and never go outside the business. Debiting and crediting accounts is what they are all about.

No, this will not go to anyone, its an internal use. The print out voucher will be a cover of the direct cash purchases receipts. I not talking about paying registered suppliers or customers. Or please advice where should I record a transaction such as small payments using petty cash. Thanks

Hi Actually I was trying to use the “Payment module” to record some direct cash purchases (such as fuels, parking or any other small transactions from my cash on hand that no need inventory(non inventory item) linked or need suppliers name to be registered first.

So all the expenses I posted line by line and put the details what I purchase on the descriptions column. so the description its not empty. But when I view the payment voucher, only the descriptions it show up, if its empty the account name will show up.

In this non inventory and cash direct purchase case, I believe to have “account name” and “description (information what we purchased)” showing up in the voucher will be more informative than only one of them. Because if only the account name showing, we did know what we purchased (unless we need to drill down to account) . If only the descriptions showing, we did not know if we posted it in to the correct accounts or not.

@ralfie, you have basically written the same thing in three consecutive posts. The program will not do what you want. And I have explained why. That is all I can do.

Sorry for that I thought you don’t understand What I am trying to say. My English is poor. My idea just to show the description in the payment voucher but your answer was to complicated for me to understand. I just felt weird we type something inside the form that wioll be not show anywhere in printing voucher. :slight_smile: ups sorry this is the four times i written it again. Lol. Have nice day

Your English is fine. I understood what you want. There are many things that can be entered on transaction Edit forms that do not show on completed View screens/documents. The information displayed for each transaction type depends on the purpose for which the View screen was designed.

Hi, just saw this thread. It was the same concern as mine before. You may refer here Suggestion for purchase invoices