Ability for the Administrator to make a company inactive

Hello, I think if we can have the ability for the administrator to make a company inactive so that no one can access it will increase the level of control in the system. I am using the cloud version

As administrator you can created different users. You can assign these users to 1 or more businesses. IN business settings you can for each user set permissions, see screenshot:

I know that. What i am saying is at a particular time you may want to just keep a particular company inactive for various reasons.
E.g. I have customers that i use manager to for their businesses normally for a fee. As the admin i have rights to the company file and the owner of the company also has rights when removing someone’s rights when he doesn’t meet up with the agreement and reinstating it when he meets up is a little lengthier if you have about more Users assigned to that company if you could just mute it with and inactive button and can make it active again like we do withsome aspects in the software.

You could just remove the business. If will be moved to the Trash subfolder in the application data folder, but not deleted. You can later re-import the business.

Or you backup (save) the business, delete it and re-import when necessary.

What appears to be requested here, seems to be in a commercial environment and should the subscribers to the NCHIA1 server fail to meet their subscription obligation it is desired to turn the subscribers access to manager off on an entity basis. If multiple users have access, to even one entity, it is a fairly cumbersome job to manage. In cases like this you do not want the user’s permissions to be altered but certainly want to remove the entity’s availability for a period until their agreement is settled.

I have found the easiest way to achieve this sort of management is for the Manager administrator is to simply change the subscriber’s password. This will effectively give them no access to the business until all settled and then in that case advise them of the new password.

This recommendation is still tedious when you may have multiple users accessing the entity in question.

Since every user has their own password, that approach would be much more tedious than my recommendation to simply remove the business. When the business is restored, all permissions will be as before.

Do you add a separate business with your customer’s company name? Do you allow those customer access to Manager and use the business to make entries of his accounts? Does such customer is empowered as administrator or just a users having full permissions?

If yes, i can suggest a safe method to do what you want?

Does anyone know how Manager.io manages customers when their Cloud subscription lapses? Entity deleted / Removed as per Tut’s recommendation?

I made no such recommendation. I did not address lapsed cloud subscriptions in any manner. That is not what the original poster asked about. @NCHIA1 asked only about making a company inactive. As it came out, that was in the context of having a client who is not paying. If you want to address lapsed cloud subscriptions, start a new topic.

Seems a bit reckless:- [quote=“Tut, post:4, topic:47404, full:true”]
You could just remove the business. If will be moved to the Trash subfolder in the application data folder, but not deleted. You can later re-import the business.
[/quote]

Hello @compuit this was not my problem. You can start a new topic on how manager manages it subscription