30 day credit terms

Hi there,
I can change the credit terms in the Customer profile for 30 days but when I issue an invoice although the invoice includes the ‘Credit Terms’ field, the ‘Due Date’ is today’s date. If I don’t edit the invoice ‘Due date’ field (beside the ‘Invoice date’ field) the invoice will read Overdue the following day while also stating 30 days credit terms. I’ve had a complaint from a customer about it. Can I get the 'Due Date on the invoice to automatically reflect 30 days from the invoice date if this is already added to the customers profile.
Regards
Ed

1 Like

I am using version 18.12.4 and there is no Credit Terms field in the Customer form.

What version are you using, and can you post screen image of the relevant edit screens, please?

@jsecuremanacc, if you have a Credit Terms field for customers, it is a custom field you created. Custom fields are informational only. Manager makes no use of them, because it cannot anticipate the fields you might create.

If you want Due date to always be 30 days after issue date, set that under Form Defaults for sales invoices in the Settings tab. See Set form defaults | Manager.

Many thanks.

Hi Tut,
Not sure if I’m in the correct part of the forum for this post.
I have both domestic (home owners) and commercial customers. Domestic customers will almost invariably not get 30 days credit whereas business customers will almost invariably expect credit terms. It would be very helpful to set these parameters as part of the customer profile rather than having to edit each invoice. If a customer has X days credit it would then automatically set the ‘Due by’ date for any invoices sent to that customer.
Many thanks for your continued help
Refards
Ed

Well, you cannot set credit terms by customer. One possible way to avoid the problem is to set default terms for 30 days on sales invoices. Then issue sales invoices to commercial customers. For domestic customers, instead of sales invoices, just issue a receipt since you are not extending credit. For customers who pay immediately, there is no reason to go through two steps of invoicing and receiving unless you want to preserve a record of that customer’s history.

1 Like

Hi Joe91
Sorry for not replying earlier. Its a custom field as explained by Tut.
Regards
Ed