[17.6.79] Added ability to create custom fields on individual line items

There will need to be different view which will show individual line items. It will be available in future.

1 Like

When you put down the English like that, makes me feel i have to be reading more

:rofl:

@lubos @Tut @Davide Having a feild where users can enter some notes when creating accounts and groups would be good though. Users could then enter any information about that particular group or account.

e.g.
This account is intended for bla bla bla bla and should only be used for bla bla bla and never for bla bla bla. Or this account shouldn’t be used after 31/12/2017. Or, … account will be closed this account is the one to be used starting … Or any extra account or group info

2 Likes

Thanks very much. U are doing great.

@lubos. I have looked at custom fields on individual lines and was wondering why you have custom fields - Sales Invoices and Custom Fields - Line Items.

Would it not make more sense to have them both under Custom Fields - Sales Invoices and have a tick box for line items or for columns?

This one of the reason why i love your software so much ! thanks for the great ability we need !

@lubos I think the same ability should be added to Good Receipt

Any update to this?

If you are suggesting a change to the program, you need to provide a use case and justify your recommendation. In general, goods receipts merely complete transactions entered via purchase invoices. Why would you need a line-item custom field on a goods receipt? What would it accomplish that the more general (and already available) goods receipt custom field does not?

As you can add serial number for a product in delivery receipt, the same can apply in good receipt

But how would you handle receipt of 10 items with different serial numbers? They would all be on one line.

The same way you handle them in the respective delivery receipt

And what is that? You have the same problem there. The point I’m making is that custom fields for line items does not seem like a good way to track serial numbers unless you always buy and sell in single quantities.

This is true, is not a good way, but is an option

Currently, the custom field on line items can only be a “normal” text input field. For regular (non-line) items, you are able to select custom input types, such as date:
example

Currently, when selling items where a date is required on the invoice, I manually type it out in the text input field, just like the serial number in the example. However, would it be possible to change the input type to date so I can just select it from the drop down menu, like in the “non-line” custom fields?