Item Serial Number

@lubos
Dear Sir,
I have Computer Shop. I have to handle product warranty along with item serial number. It will be the best option for us who handle business like me. Can you please add this feature to manager?

If I am doing mistake, please forgive me.

Manager does not handle inventory by serial numbers. All units of an inventory item are presumed to be interchangeable.

When you sell an item, you can enter the serial number in a custom field. See https://www.manager.io/guides/10411.

1 Like

@Tut

I know. Did you watch the video? That feature is more helpful. I think it will be a better opportunity for all.

And thank for fast reply.

1 Like

I have mentioned previously, I have an idea how to incorporate serial number tracking into Manager so I’m confident Manager will have this feature soon.

5 Likes

@lubos Sir,

Thank you so much for thinking about that. It will be a great feature. Waiting for your update, Sir.

Thanks & Regards
Md. Nahid

any working info on this one ? @lubos

1 Like

@lubos
I really want to know, when will this feature release to Manager
Manager need to improve Inventory module and it will be perfect one

Hi Lubos, that would be great. Serial numbers are an important feature of inventories. While you’re working on this, may I suggest that you also look into batch numbers and expiration dates? Then you would have a full inventory system (just excluding repairable items, which are a bit out of scope for an accounting software). Cheers

is this feature available now?

Things in the “Idea” forum classification have been assessed as appropriate to incorporate in Manager at some time but have not been added yet. When this idea has been implemented it will be removed from the ideas category.

@lubos it’s been five years-think this will not be in manager?

Let me correct @Patch slightly. Ideas have been assessed not to violate basic accounting principles, to probably be technically feasible, and to merit discussion and input by the user community. They have not necessarily been planned for implementation. While forum moderators can put suggestions meeting those criteria into the ideas category, only the developer decides if an idea will be incorporated.

1 Like