Backup issue

Well Actually i was looking to transfer my data from Windows operating system to Macbook as i have recently made a switch on Macbook. Yet one thing i must find bizzare here it that Manager on Windows has more options to open if you click on Reports Tab or Settings tab as a matter of fact compare with Manager on Macbook.

One more problem is that obviously i had downloaded Manager in Windows a year back and was operating on it as a test to see results from this software. Further, results showing on this software were good and it was quite user friendly. However, Manager software which i downloaded in Macbook was pretty recent, that being 2 weeks back. Moreover, after transferring data from one Machine to another was kind of hectic and was bringing no accurate results in final balances.

If this is a persistent problem then i think the concept of free software is not served right as there has to be an option of using it on another laptop / desktop in case of emergency.

Anyhow, i will try and update my Manager software on my Windows Laptop again and see if things are fine and showing accurate balances of my backed up data on Mac Book.

Anyhow, besides this please clarify more on Server Edition. Is it like a one time investment or one has to keep on paying after one year passes by for its maintenance etc. Please clarify.