Xml format in Invoices and other

The government require to emit Invoices in XML format to be valid, how can I use Manager and be able to fulfill these requirement.

What use does the government have with an xml formatted invoice?
do you have any official link to share from the government notifying this need?

I requested this feature about 3 months ago. In Holland it’s not obligated to send a UBL invoice but it would be a nice feature if we can import and export UBL sale and purchase invoices.

1 Like

Here in Italy all the invoices that has to be emitted to the public administration must be sent in XML format

Yes there is an official notification that all business must emit invoices, credit/debit notes, receipts and other documents in XML format to be admitted as official and valid. Why the XML format ? I don’t know.

It’s not as easy since I imagine there is no worldwide standard for invoices in XML format so the implementation would have to be country-specific.

Theoretically you could write a theme which emits XML markup instead of HTML code. So it’s already possible with some effort.

1 Like

Thank you. I will have to study how to do that. I just need the same information included on Manager actual invoice.

I took the theme html and converted to XML and created a new theme but I guess is not a easy as that because it didn’t work!

Can you give us a small code example please.

Can you please implement this feature? In Italy XML will be compulsory in less than one year

Dear @lubos ,

sorry for the reminder but since it will be compulsory to have invoices in xml in Italy in 2019 I have to take a quick decision if I can keep manager as our accounting software or I have to switch to a new one

@lubos UE, via libera alla fattura elettronica: le tempistiche

Why not give the option of a standard invoice with xml code and each of us can customize to country specifications. Basically the invoice has to contáis all the information that a standard invoice has.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. And we can share the customisations for each country on the website just like themes. As a second step, it would be great to have the same for every report, ie the VAT report and so on… I hope that @lubos will implement this very soon since in Italy it will become compulsory to have XML at the end of this year and I don’t want to switch to another software (and soon in the whole Europe too)

Dear @lubos any news about it?

@Davide - If you need XML formatted invoices, you could also use the API to pull out the information that you need and to generate an invoice.

Due to forum rules, I cannot recommend anyone in particular, but you could always search for a local developer to perform the task for you.

@Davide, is there a format definition?

Technically speaking, Manager is already capable generating any document (not just invoices) in XML using custom themes. I mean custom themes are used for HTML but nothing stops you to output XML instead.

The only issue is that someone will have to write this custom theme but it can be done even without API.

1 Like

@lubos I’m working on the theme. The only issue I have is to save it as a text file with .XML extension. Can you had this option? In an ideal world it should be a different theme and option in the invoice report