Windows 11 and desktop version of manager

I/m guessing that since Manager is using Microsoft Edge that upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10 will go OK. Yes?

The desktop version is actually reliant on Microsoft Edge Webview 2 runtime. But essentially yes, Manager should work on Windows 11. However, the only way to tell for sure is to test it.

I would advise delaying installing Windows 11. Apparently the rollout was rushed to meet the date deadline and quite a few features that were promised, are not actually available yet! I have always recommended waiting at least six months before installing a brand new Operating System as there are always bugs and issues to be resolved. So upgrade at your peril.

You can downgrade back to Windows 10, in theory, but I am not sure how reliable and practical that would be! I would advise waiting until after April

1 Like

thank you for the wise advice dalacor!

HI,

I have upgraded to Windows 11, I am using Desktop version 21.10.0 (and a previous version) with no issues.

The whole process of upgrading to Windows 11 has been without major issue.

I Believe Manager is independent of what browser you use (some better than others) as it uses Webview 2 Runtime, I use Google Chrome and have no issues

2 Likes

How are you finding Windows 11?

Windows 11 is smooth but I have noticed some sluggishness when the system is under pressure.

Do you have an Amd CPU. I am told that there are issues with AMD and W11.

@dalacor It’s an Intel. I deleted old windows files and did indexing. My computer has never worked so good. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

hi,
so i suppose the version 21.10.35, should work 100% ??

Yes, it is working without a glitch.

:+1:

I’m using AMD RYZEN 9 3950X (16core-32thread) wondering if I’ll glitch or not in Win 11 ???

Try with a test business to see. No one has reported any problem.