User permission made redundancy

After the updated online version, all user permission setting is making redundant as the current setting seems unable to the restricted users to perform the basic function as access to bank rules, categorize receipts and payments, etc. So I need to reset to “full access” thus user permission lost its way of usefulness!

Many recent changes have made it necessary to reset some permissions because the old ones don’t exist any longer. Tab functions were split and combined.

Why is this in the bug category? The developer himself said to go into customise and untick all tabs and re-enable them as a lot of things have changed with tabs combined and split etc. The same would apply for permissions. They probably just need to be reset by the users as the permissions that were applied probably no longer exist in the program and it would be more trouble than it’s worth to program the changes?

Because the developer himself put it there.

Fair enough. I assumed that he was expecting the users to reset based on having to reset the tabs.

It was a bug because it was not possible for limited user to have access to payment and receipt rules.

In the latest version (21.6.3) I’ve put payment and receipt rules under Settings tab like bank rules were previously.

So now under User Permissions it is possible to regulate access to these screens.

I’m not entirely happy with Settings tab slowly ballooning but at the same time, I do not want to start tucking away these screens under other tabs.

2 Likes