Tried updating and now receive this message

Was having issues with emails being sent, so figured I had to update it. I went to manager.io and downloaded the mac version. And then replaced the one that was on my desktop. Now… I get this message when trying to open it. I have a lot of work orders and information. Please tell me I did not lose this information ??

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested address is not valid in this context
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint local_end) <0x14e083030 + 0x001ab> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.EndPointListener..ctor (System.Net.HttpListener listener, System.Net.IPAddress addr, Int32 port, Boolean secure) <0x14e082a20 + 0x001e3> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.EndPointManager.GetEPListener (System.String host, Int32 port, System.Net.HttpListener listener, Boolean secure) <0x14e07f3a0 + 0x0034b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.EndPointManager.AddPrefixInternal (System.String p, System.Net.HttpListener listener) <0x14e07c780 + 0x000d6> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.EndPointManager.AddListener (System.Net.HttpListener listener) <0x14e07c060 + 0x001b3> in <filename unknown>:0

You guys need to send automatic updates so we don’t have to continually download in order to upgrade.

There was someone else reporting exactly the same issue.

Would you be able to test if at least “server edition” works on your computer? This would help narrow down the problem.

I will do this now. Just downloaded the Mono program and then Manager Server. Went to terminal and copied pasted. And terminal came up with this… from terminal.

Last login: Wed May 11 16:51:49 on console
macs-imac:~ mac$ /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java ; exit;
mono ManagerServer.exe
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
    -d32          use a 32-bit data model if available
    -d64          use a 64-bit data model if available (implies -server, only for x86_64)
    -client	  to select the "client" VM
    -server	  to select the "server" VM
    -jvm	  is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]
    -hotspot	  is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]
                  The default VM is client.

-cp <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
    -classpath <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
                  A : separated list of directories, JAR archives,
                  and ZIP archives to search for class files.
    -D<name>=<value>
                  set a system property
    -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
                  enable verbose output
    -version      print product version and exit
    -version:<value>
                  require the specified version to run
    -showversion  print product version and continue
    -jre-restrict-search | -jre-no-restrict-search
                  include/exclude user private JREs in the version search
    -? -help      print this help message
    -X            print help on non-standard options
    -ea[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
    -enableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
                  enable assertions
    -da[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
    -disableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
                  disable assertions
    -esa | -enablesystemassertions
                  enable system assertions
    -dsa | -disablesystemassertions
                  disable system assertions
    -agentlib:<libname>[=<options>]
                  load native agent library <libname>, e.g. -agentlib:hprof
                    see also, -agentlib:jdwp=help and -agentlib:hprof=help
    -agentpath:<pathname>[=<options>]
                  load native agent library by full pathname
    -javaagent:<jarpath>[=<options>]
                  load Java programming language agent, see java.lang.instrument
    -splash:<imagepath>
                  show splash screen with specified image
logout

[Process completed]

— Then went to safari and copied and pasted: http://127.0.0.1:8080

Got this message: "Safari Can’t Open the Page www.127.0.0.1:8080 because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again.

The console output looks like you are launching Java VM. Manager has nothing to do with Java.

Are you sure you are launching pure Terminal? It looks like you are launching some sort of Java VM terminal.

By the way THANK YOU, thank you, for the quick response. I use your manager program all the time. Great product. I recommend it to friends not sure if they use it or not.

Sorry had a java terminal on. Now on basic and it says this:

Last login: Wed May 11 18:24:33 on ttys000
macs-imac:~ mac$ mono ManagerServer.exe
Cannot open assembly ‘ManagerServer.exe’: No such file or directory.
macs-imac:~ mac$

You need to navigate within terminal to the folder which contains ManagerServer.exe

This is soooo frustrating !!!. I am going to uninstall manager and start from scratch and lose all my information. I need it to work.

Could not figure out how to navigate with the Server Edition through terminal.

Removed manager and re-loaded it on my macintosh (Desktop Version) and still get this message.

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested address is not valid in this context
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint local_end) <0x114835ba0 + 0x001ab> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.EndPointListener..ctor (System.Net.HttpListener listener, System.Net.IPAddress addr, Int32 port, Boolean secure) <0x114835590 + 0x001e3> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.EndPointManager.GetEPListener (System.String host, Int32 port, System.Net.HttpListener listener, Boolean secure) <0x114831f10 + 0x0034b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.EndPointManager.AddPrefixInternal (System.String p, System.Net.HttpListener listener) <0x11482f2f0 + 0x000d6> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.EndPointManager.AddListener (System.Net.HttpListener listener) <0x11482ebd0 + 0x001b3> in <filename unknown>:0

Let me know when you get the download fixed. And I will try to download the updated version. I never had this problem before. ugh !

I’ve seen similar messages before in the course of app development (not Manager) and believe it was related to port forwarding. FWIW, I did find an old thread here titled, ‘Port Conflict Issue’, where someone also reported socket errors.

Thanks, but nothing is helping. I upgraded to Mac OX version 10.11.4. Still did not work. I tried to update ports or something and still not working. How do I delete everything from Manager and re-load it ?

I’m not yet sure whether this is something which can be fixed in Manager or not. Working on it.

Your data is held in separate files from the Manager Programs. Uninstalling Manager wont delete those files. Once you have manager working again you can on the Opening Page either go to “About Manager” and enter the path to the data files or go to “Add Business” - “Import Backup”.

So, I updated this computer to see if it would make a difference and still the same. I am running Mac OX El Capitan 10.11.4.

So, I was thinking of trying to download Ubuntu to see if I have the same problem. But then I tried my sons computer Mac OX 10.10.5. Downloaded the Mac version of Manager and opened it up
and I get the same exact message. Strange.
So now I almost positive it is not my mac as 2 mac’s with different operating systems do the same thing. ??
Going to try my windows lap top and download the windows version and see if it does the same thing.

Thank you, Thank you. : ). So, glad that my data is not gone. But hard to run a business and call people back when I can’t access their information.

Thank you, Thank you. So good to hear. I was very very worried about this.

Used my IBM computer with Windows Version 10. And downloaded it and it works fine. Only my 2 macs do not work ??

Signed up for the “free” Cloud Edition, from my Mac. It works. Is there a way to upload my information/businesses from my old manager program on my mac (the manager program that is not working) to the cloud. Since I do not have access to open it, is there a file I can upload to the cloud, or do I need my original information/businesses Manager working on my Mac in order to upload the files to the cloud.

Thank you, thank you again, sorry if I am getting irritable but need to have access to my account. Hard to run a business, if I cannot call people back because there information is on the program. I am going to back-it up everyday to a thumb drive, so at least I have access from my IBM or some other computer.

@shortline, can you upgrade to the latest version http://www.manager.io. I think the problem could be fixed now.

YES YES… It worked. Thank you, thank you.

So, happy now. MUCH appreciated. : )))).

Thank you.