Tracking Code warnings and importing

Hello all,

I need to know something. They are below;

Is there any way to control my same tracking codes such as alert, warning etc ? (Protection same entry)
Will you give any option for the importing the tracking codes via excel or gif cvs type?

Thanks,

Your questions are not clear. Can you please provide further information? Control tracking codes where? Alert or warning about what? Import tracking codes from where?

@Tut

You can see the following screenshots on below;

I mean; I have a lot of tracking codes. So I’m making copy paste via excel. If any user tries to enter the same code to the tracking codes section Software could give a warm.

My second thing is I have many many of tracking codes so I’m taking them inside by manuel entry. If codes could be imported would be faster.

Hope that’s clear now.

Thanks for your attention.

Copy from where and paste to where? You cannot perform any bulk operations on tracking codes, so what are you referring to?

Taking them inside of what? Imported to where?

You need to explain what you are trying to do more completely. I do not understand how any form of import or export via a spreadsheet could be used to select a tracking code for an individual line item, which is what must occur.

@Tut

So I do bookkeeping of an Air cargo company. They have own operation system. The system has where cargo comes and goes etc and every operation has different bookings inside. For example;

You have 1 flight but the flight has five different operation(bookings) to different companies and each bookings named different codes. (I get these datas from company system as excel type)

So I need to calculate the profit or loss statement for each booking.I’m taking all booking numbers as tracking codes into manager by copying paste from company’s database.

My point is; If manager is available to import the codes into tracking codes place while doing my invoicing I can select the code that has been imported before.

Is it clear now ?
Thanks,

I’m sorry but you are still not explaining things in a way I understand.

Do you mean you are copying codes and pasting them one by one? That is the only thing you could be doing in Manager, but the things you say keep implying something else.

If you already have a code in place, you already can select it. There is no need to enter or import it again.

It seems that what you must be asking about is an ability to create new tracking codes in batches instead of one by one. Is that correct? And you apparently want the program to prevent you from entering a duplicate code when you enter a new group of codes. Is that right?

Yes @Tut. I’m wondering these
Thanks,

Now I understand what you are asking. I can only say that this is quite a stretch for tracking codes, which were meant to track performance of different divisions within a company. What you really need is project accounting, a capability that has been mentioned for the future, but is not available yet. The problem is that you are entering everyday operational information in the Settings tab, which is meant for things that change infrequently or not at all. I don’t have any suggestion for you right now.